Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pg1 speedo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pg1 speedo

    I’ve got a pg1 box with a koso rx2n+ digital speedo and at the moment I’m using a gps sensor for the speed. I find this isn’t fast enough to keep up with the speed of the car when accelerating, it’s fine driving at normal speeds.
    Last night I had it on a runway (literally was on a runway in case anyone thinks that’s the usual nonsense😂) and the speed was going up pretty slow, at 6000rpm in 5th it was reading 108 when going by the gear calculator for the 3.9fd on 13” wheels it should have been 117.
    Has anyone ever used an aftermarket speedo and an adapter for the gearbox speedo drive on the pg1? I’ve looked and can’t seem to find a definite answer as to which one will work with mine. I don’t fancy messing about with the magnetic type either

  • #2
    I've used the original Rover electronic sensor on the gearbox and wired this into my aftermarket speedo.

    There's three wires on the sensor; +ve, -ve and the pulse signal if I remember correctly.

    I've wired the pulse signal into my speedo which can then be adjusted to set the speed displayed per frequency of pulses.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by harrison541 View Post
      I've used the original Rover electronic sensor on the gearbox and wired this into my aftermarket speedo.

      There's three wires on the sensor; +ve, -ve and the pulse signal if I remember correctly.

      I've wired the pulse signal into my speedo which can then be adjusted to set the speed displayed per frequency of pulses.
      Perfect, I’ve ordered a new electronic sensor as mine is missing. You wouldn’t happen to remember the number of pulses per revolution of the wheels would you?

      Comment


      • #4
        I cant remember, but its probably either 4 or 2.

        The speedo wire on mine is white/orange but this will differ between models, you'll have to check the wiring diagrams to be sure.

        Comment


        • #5
          Only just seen this, I could of given you one for the cost of post.
          If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by AGoaty View Post
            Only just seen this, I could of given you one for the cost of post.
            I should have checked on here first. New one was only £11 so not too bad really.

            Just to follow up on this, the white/orange was the signal wire on mine too.
            Put in the tyre circumference and tried 4 pulses but it was reading fast so put it to 5 and it’s bang on 👌🏼
            At least now on a fast run I’ll actually be able to see how fast I’m going

            Comment


            • #7
              Do you have any pictures of this as I have exactly the same speedo and gearbox and problem but have no wiring to the speed sensor in the gearbox

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by benvvc View Post
                Do you have any pictures of this as I have exactly the same speedo and gearbox and problem but have no wiring to the speed sensor in the gearbox
                Sorry haven’t been on here for a while and only just noticed this.
                I don’t have any photos yet but I’ve got my gearbox out just now waiting on a clutch upgrade so I could get photos for you. What all do you want photos of? My engine loom came with wiring for the sensor, so I just used that plug to make a loom up for the sensor and gauge

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi thanks for the reply, some pictures of how you've connected and set the speedo, I've checked and have the wires, they were just taped up out of the way. Do I need to program for tyre size? Mine is currently running gps sensor but when giving it the beans it has difficulty keeping up lol but at 6k it says 108mph, any help greatly appreciated

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202770199767 I fitted one of these to the speedo drive on the gearbox, your wiring should plug into this, then I just wired it into the koso. There’s only 3 wires, on mine the white/orange was the signal wire, other two are just +ve and -ve. I think I cut the connector off my gps sensor and used that to wire it in. Can’t remember off the top of my head what wire colours are on the koso side, but it should be easy enough to find out.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by geachy87 View Post
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202770199767 I fitted one of these to the speedo drive on the gearbox, your wiring should plug into this, then I just wired it into the koso. There’s only 3 wires, on mine the white/orange was the signal wire, other two are just +ve and -ve. I think I cut the connector off my gps sensor and used that to wire it in. Can’t remember off the top of my head what wire colours are on the koso side, but it should be easy enough to find out.
                      Calibrating the speedo is easy, set the circumference to 1587mm and the number of pulses to 5 in the a6 setting screen

                      D734FC26-51F4-496C-867F-E1E8AFCA5B9B.jpeg

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Geachy87, superstar il see if I can get this sorted out on Saturday, out of curiosity what does your speedo read now at 6k???

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I’m not sure, I haven’t actually checked since I sorted it. I’ve had it over 120 but never looked to see what revs it was at. I’ll try and find out the next time I’m out in it

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X