Does this wiring look right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this wiring look right?

I've never been happy with the way a lot of the wiring was on my car, so I'm currently going through it and after looking at it better, it's not as bad as I thought.
    I'm reverting the existing Mini fuse box back to run just the Mini side of the electronics and I'm going to fit a 2nd fuse box to run the extra additions, radio, electric fan, fuel pump.
    The fuel pump is currently using the fog light live, which means if the fuse goes pop (which it has in the past) I have no indicators, hazards or fuel, always nice for the engine to cut out and have no hazards or indicators.
    Anyhow, the multi function relay that controls the radiator fan has had the wire for the fan control cut and it looks too short to do anything with, ideally, I'll get over it and use that relay as it'll be neater, but I wanted to check to see if my sketches of my wiring plan looks right?
    Originally posted by Burnard
    couldnt be bothered to stretch that far to pull it out.
    Originally posted by ardonfast
    Haz obviously don't like custard , my Mrs spits it out to!
    I love it

Why not just take a whole K series loom and cut it down?? The mini looms were sh!t almost without exception, cant see why you'd want to go back to the standard fusebox.

Cant advise on the diagram though, sorry.
    Originally posted by apbellamy
    Fuck me Shaun. That actually made sense.

Comment

I'm currently using the standard Mini fuse box, I may upgrade it to a blade fuse fuse box.
      I don't want to use the K series loom as I don't want to rewire the entire car, especially as I realise now the current loom isn't as crap as I first thought, plus I think I'm right in saying that means messing with the switches and I want to keep all the original switchgear for the correct look, despite changing my gauges!
      Figured it would be much easier to put the Mini loom back to standard and then just run a secondary loom for the extra couple of bits.
      I love it

Comment

I love it

Comment

Fair enough, i had loads of electrical problems that were solved by switching to a blade fuse box so i guess I'm a bit biased.
          Originally posted by apbellamy
          Fuck me Shaun. That actually made sense.

Comment

I wired my car from scratch with a custom loom. I can send you my wiring diagrams if you like.
            A closed mouth gathers no foot.
            seat mounting should not be taken lightly, nor should a rat trying to get up your trouser leg doing 50,m,p,h, all of a suden your nUts become more important,

Comment

Everything else is all good, the lights and everything are the standard Mini loom, the engine is the standard K series loom, I just need to confirm that I've got my head round those last 2 circuits and the relay wiring before I make a start.
              If your diagrams include those circuits then I'd appreciate a look.
              I love it

Comment

Pm me your emither address and I'll send them over. I have split everything off into individual circuits with relays where necesary
                A closed mouth gathers no foot.
                seat mounting should not be taken lightly, nor should a rat trying to get up your trouser leg doing 50,m,p,h, all of a suden your nUts become more important,

Comment

Cheers Andy. PM'd
                  I love it

Comment

Working...
                  X