Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mini vs beetles

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Not sure what causes the difference as the 60ft times from York and pod are pretty similar for me but pod does feel gripier to drive on and launch.at the far end of York there is a lot of bumps that may slow you down a bit,
    Most of you should be hitting low 13s as I managed a 13.3 with my mere 170bhp b16 with an open diff and knackered gearbox.
    My car will be ready but still undecided wether to run or not

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by AGoaty View Post
      Has anyone seen how they do the Mini's vs Beetle part of this?

      Basically you do a few practice runs which are timed.
      If you are the fastest Mini you go against the fastest Beetle.
      2nd fastest vs 2nd fastest,
      etc.

      BUT if the fastest Beetle ran 11 seconds and fastest Mini ran 12 seconds the Mini would get a 1 second start over the Beetle.

      The idea is to improve your time, not to be fastest on track.
      Should be interesting to see, looking forward to it
      Last edited by philbodham; 03-02-2014, 07:23 PM.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by g7gno View Post
        Surly room for a better time there! My old Crx use to run 14.2/14.4 all day that was just a standard unit with a open diff and mad camber up front that dident help!
        Agree with that, I've done mid 14s in a 150hp nova at pod.

        Comment


        • #34
          Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances I'm not going to be able to make this in my mini but will probably call over to see some minis in action

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by miniwade View Post
            Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances I'm not going to be able to make this in my mini but will probably call over to see some minis in action

            Would be great to see your beast in action, I'm sure you have your reasons though.
            Still be good if you can make it though.
            Originally posted by Burnard
            couldnt be bothered to stretch that far to pull it out.
            Originally posted by ardonfast
            Haz obviously don't like custard , my Mrs spits it out to!
            I love it

            Comment


            • #36
              I'll be there, can you just sign up on the day ?

              Comment


              • #37
                Yep just turn up and register. I ll be there although not in my mini.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Bram View Post
                  Yep just turn up and register. I ll be there although not in my mini.

                  Better not be in a beetle!
                  Originally posted by Burnard
                  couldnt be bothered to stretch that far to pull it out.
                  Originally posted by ardonfast
                  Haz obviously don't like custard , my Mrs spits it out to!
                  I love it

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    No defiantly not a beetle lol. Hopefully in my mini next year maybe.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X