Engine bay pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ardonfast View Post
    get a photo bucket hosting site,, upload pics, then click on the bottom box on the picture page its image code,,i think, and then plonk it on to your page,
    it will just show as a number until you push [post]
    Watch this space

http://rs1238.pbsrc.com/albums/ff485...0?t=1383936033
    CooperWorks
    Last edited by CooperWorks; 08-11-2013, 06:48 PM. Reason: Trying to add photos

Comment

CooperWorks
      Last edited by CooperWorks; 17-05-2014, 05:26 PM.

Comment

its IMG AT BOTTOM OF BOX THAT GIVE FULL PIC, VERRY NICE ,,SO NICE I CHOKED ON MY PLUM PUDING,LOL
        "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tb261HwQNDQ
        SAY WHAT YOU BELEVE,,BELEVE WHAT YOU LIKE,
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk

Comment

I must say it's a really nice Mini! Almost wish I bid on it myself now...

I knew the brakes would be an issue as mine are, which are far bigger. I can also vouch for the Mintex pads. I have fitted them in lots of different cars and without fail they make the braking effort easier. They do however wear faster then most others. I reckon you could use them for around 10,000 miles whereas I get about 15,000 out of a set of say Lucas ones.

When wiring up the new spotlights, why not run the headlights through the new relay too? Wiring the 3 spots and headlights so they work together. Use the supply to the standard headlights to switch on the relay then power all 5 lights from there. They will work on your column switch then. It'll make them all come on when you "flash" someone too!
          AGoaty
          Last edited by AGoaty; 08-11-2013, 07:33 PM.
          If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

Comment

Originally posted by AGoaty View Post
            I must say it's a really nice Mini! Almost wish I bid on it myself now...

Cheers fella, Glad you didn't bid on it though

I knew the brakes would be an issue as mine are, which are far bigger. I can also vouch for the Mintex pads. I have fitted them in lots of different cars and without fail they make the braking effort easier. They do however wear faster then most others. I reckon you could use them for around 10,000 miles whereas I get about 15,000 out of a set of say Lucas ones.

When wiring up the new spotlights, why not run the headlights through the new relay too? Wiring the 3 spots and headlights so they work together. Use the supply to the standard headlights to switch on the relay then power all 5 lights from there. They will work on your column switch then. It'll make them all come on when you "flash" someone too!
            Not sure I would want all five lights on high beam. Plus having the fogs on a separate switch means that they can be used as Fog lights

Comment

Originally posted by MiniLandy View Post
              I have Blackstuff pads in my 8.4" 2 pots, don't like them.

Going to try the standard Mintex ones next.
              Mini Sport 4 pots turned up this morning purchased off Haydn (thanks fella) from here with the added bonus of Mintex pads
              Given I will be driving less than 1500 miles a year in my mini I believe that these are perfect for me

Comment

What a waste, air filter directly behind the rad :-/ does it make the engine run like a pos?

Comment

Originally posted by Snakeii View Post
                  What a waste, air filter directly behind the rad :-/ does it make the engine run like a pos?
                  there is always one that finds the negatives rather than the positives :roll eyes:

nice car looks lovely

cheers Tony
                  " What goes up must come down "

Comment

I have my own veiws, I love the look, but why spend all the time and money ect and have an open filter behind a radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by Ready180a View Post
                      there is always one that finds the negatives rather than the positives :roll eyes:

nice car looks lovely

cheers Tony
                      Haha spot on, I bet CooperWorks is really disappointed with how slow his 150-odd hp mini is

CooperWorks, get a build thread up! Even if you're just tinkering little bits here and there, we all love having a read and looking at pics Great car.
                      Originally posted by apbellamy
                      Fuck me Shaun. That actually made sense.

Comment

I don't agree ready !
                        Snake has a fair point
                        There's much to gain from others paying attention.
                        It's how it works I would be more PIssed off if no one told me I had my Dick hanging
                        Out of my pants when visiting my nan.
                        "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"

Comment

To be fair I had an enclosed air filter with no feed on and got 179bhp when it was being mapped, we did a single run with a cobbled together feed and it ran 190, safe to say I went home and fitted a cold air feed!
                          Definitely worth at least running a feed to it even if it isn't enclosed, still a great car though, but you are losing out on some easy power.
                          Originally posted by Burnard
                          couldnt be bothered to stretch that far to pull it out.
                          Originally posted by ardonfast
                          Haz obviously don't like custard , my Mrs spits it out to!
                          I love it

Comment

I'll have to go to London Brighton now. I won't be able to sleep until then now until someone explains this to me like I am a five year old.
                            Room in the wing, should I tuck my air filter there?

Comment

Late shift welcomes your qweastion.
                              Basically you have nothing to worry about Garfield.lol
                              It's all good and it's way past your bedtime for a 5 year old.
                              Uncle Shaun will tell you a true story.
                              Are you sitting comfortably ?
                              Today we will look thro the round window,
                              In the dark age of 1985 there was a dark bad place in Devon called kentisbear.
                              In that village ther was a dark mimi crew called just minis south west.
                              The town folk found them distasteful as all they did was play with mini cars.
                              There was the odd bonfire burning brightly.
                              It was a weekly sacrifice the powers that be decided it was always the latest ford xr3i
                              Or rs.turbo,
                              Sometimes it was a seira cosworth.
                              Well the mini boys had to find a way to make there 998 cc engines come close to beating the bigger more wealthy boys on the backlane racing .
                              Well completely by mistake while reading a book by Clive tricky,
                              Some old fool.
                              We were verry desperate to slay almost double the cubic capasaty.
                              The best tip was to extend the air intake out into cool air.
                              Well when we tried this it became clear ther was a power boost"
                              And even bigger boost could be found by crossing the border into high ground wher the air was thin and was full of moisture .
                              Let's say ,dence and wet just like me,END.
                              Bang sorry to sound stupid but this late I loose control of normality ,
                              ardonfast
                              Last edited by ardonfast; 27-01-2014, 12:56 AM.
                              "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"

Comment

Originally posted by ardonfast View Post
                                Late shift welcomes your qweastion.
                                Basically you have nothing to worry about Garfield.lol
                                It's all good and it's way past your bedtime for a 5 year old.
                                Uncle Shaun will tell you a true story.
                                Are you sitting comfortably ?
                                Today we will look thro the round window,
                                In the dark age of 1985 there was a dark bad place in Devon called kentisbear.
                                In that village ther was a dark mimi crew called just minis south west.
                                The town folk found them distasteful as all they did was play with mini cars.
                                There was the odd bonfire burning brightly.
                                It was a weekly sacrifice the powers that be decided it was always the latest ford xr3i
                                Or rs.turbo,
                                Sometimes it was a seira cosworth.
                                Well the mini boys had to find a way to make there 998 cc engines come close to beating the bigger more wealthy boys on the backlane racing .
                                Well completely by mistake while reading a book by Clive tricky,
                                Some old fool.
                                We were verry desperate to slay almost double the cubic capasaty.
                                The best tip was to extend the air intake out into cool air.
                                Well when we tried this it became clear ther was a power boost"
                                And even bigger boost could be found by crossing the border into high ground wher the air was thin and was full of moisture .
                                Let's say ,dence and wet just like me,END.
                                Bang sorry to sound stupid but this late I loose control of normality ,
                                So to sum up if I stick my air filter in the near side wing I will have even more power I cannot control at the wheels

Comment

Working...
                                X