Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine bay pictures

Hello all,
    To drop my bonnet I need to drop the expansion tank. Without getting my spirit level out it looks like my engine sits a bit tall so I might need to look relocating the ET. Any of your engine bay photos would be much appreciated to help me.
    I've read that the ET max should sit above the cylinder head but I cannot see a max on mine. I would have thought that the level could be an inch or so below the head or is that just me?

Many thanks in advance

CW

http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33647

Does this thread help ?
    Watsons frame in a standard length front, they said it was impossible ...

Build Thread - standard length round nose B series with Watsons frame, it is possible

Comment

half way down the page shows were mine is located. came from a Rover 400.

http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/sh...=20194&page=18

Gavin

Comment

Engine bay pictures

Got mine mounted on the bulkhead, the cap just about clears the bonnet.
        Originally posted by Burnard
        couldnt be bothered to stretch that far to pull it out.
        Originally posted by ardonfast
        Haz obviously don't like custard , my Mrs spits it out to!
        I love it

Comment

I have photo from above with the engine bay but this one shows the levels better. My expansion tank used to touch the bonnet brace bar, but a small adjustment with a hammer and it clears now.

If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

Comment

Cheers to all fellas. Currently laid up with man flu but hoping to get the bonnet up over the weekend.

Comment

get well soon garv, is it time for a pictoreall gide of your butie mini,?
              hows about 1 of your tank problem? hope its not to much bother,
              "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tb261HwQNDQ
              SAY WHAT YOU BELEVE,,BELEVE WHAT YOU LIKE,
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk

Comment

Originally posted by ardonfast View Post
                get well soon garv, is it time for a pictoreall gide of your butie mini,?
                hows about 1 of your tank problem? hope its not to much bother,
                Hi Shaun, thanks I'm on the mend mate.
                I've bought a few bits and pieces to go with my mini and have spoken to SirKieran in regards to my plans and what help he can give me.
                Hopefully no rain tomorrow and I will look at my expansion tank and see if I can drop it in situ. Otherwise the bulkhead is favourite ala Instant's tank but from memory that may mean re-siting the fuse box.
                I've got my Italian Job lamp bar and a couple of Lucas FT6 lights (still need to buy a LR6). I'm considering 3 CIBIE lights though and sticking one of my FT6's on the back as a reverse light. Any comments welcome.
                Over riders came without corner bars so I have had to return them and I am awaiting delivery for the replacements.
                Kieran has suggested first changing my brake pads from green to black to see if this makes a difference. I agreed but then a gentleman on here had a new set of minisport 7.9 inch 4 pots with vented discs which I believe would be a massive improvement on my Cooper S brakes. Unfortunately, I've been away on a lads golfing holiday and spent all my pennies and can't quite afford them at the minute and do not want to insult a member with to low a bid.
                If he has already sold them I may well look at buying from Minisport in February time. Would these brakes be as good as KAD's?
                Hopefully Kieran will have a day or two spare this side of Christmas for some jobs that I have not got the skills/tools to do , or the jobs that I am s**t scared of doing in fear of damaging my new toy .
                I'll get some before and after facelift pictures as soon as.
                All comments are appreciated chaps.

Regards,
                Garv

Comment

well its about [looks]or[light] the lucus be the right look but the cibie being more light,
                  not sure what units are in your wings? there is a nice improvement to be had buy fitting
                  new units that will take upraghted bulbs[higher power than standard,
                  [WARNING] you will need a relay fitted as your mini light switch may get a bit to warm""
                  and you cant mess about with them front lights,,my only fear due to past exspeariance is them going out on you or a bonnet covering your windscreen by blowing open,,
                  brakes,, I cant see how K.A.D can be any better the the minisport vented 4 pots]
                  when all is said and done they are the same thing,,
                  im sure that those lucky enuff to afford the k,a,d will disagree,
                  that's down to the old chestnut[its cost fortunes so must be good] lol
                  I would defo want to try new pads in your ,s brakes it dose matter,
                  and most importantly you d,1,s alloys may not fit over the mini sport brakes? [I say may not]
                  "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"

Comment

Heres how mine sits
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CooperWorks View Post
                      Kieran has suggested first changing my brake pads from green to black to see if this makes a difference.
                      I have Blackstuff pads in my 8.4" 2 pots, don't like them.

Going to try the standard Mintex ones next.
                      Originally posted by apbellamy
                      Fuck me Shaun. That actually made sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ardonfast View Post
                        well its about [looks]or[light] the lucus be the right look but the cibie being more light,
                        not sure what units are in your wings? there is a nice improvement to be had buy fitting
                        new units that will take upraghted bulbs[higher power than standard,
                        [WARNING] you will need a relay fitted as your mini light switch may get a bit to warm""
                        and you cant mess about with them front lights,,my only fear due to past exspeariance is them going out on you or a bonnet covering your windscreen by blowing open,,
                        brakes,, I cant see how K.A.D can be any better the the minisport vented 4 pots]
                        when all is said and done they are the same thing,,
                        im sure that those lucky enuff to afford the k,a,d will disagree,
                        that's down to the old chestnut[its cost fortunes so must be good] lol
                        I would defo want to try new pads in your ,s brakes it dose matter,
                        and most importantly you d,1,s alloys may not fit over the mini sport brakes? [I say may not]
                        EDIT Found some pictures on my phone. How do you add them?

Thanks Shaun. I've got a wiring kit with my lamp bar. It has a relay and a switch. I was going to wire the fog lights through the relay and onto a new internal switch. Would I need another relay for my one driving light?
                        I'm tempted for the MiniSport brakes when I get the cash. At the end of the day, if these stop my car better than my Cooper S brakes then that has got to be a good thing. I've contacted MiniSport and they do fit under 10 inch D1's.

Originally posted by liam1993 View Post
                        Heres how mine sits
                        Pretty much the same set up fella only I do not have the luxury of that much space under my standard roundnose

Originally posted by MiniLandy View Post
                        I have Blackstuff pads in my 8.4" 2 pots, don't like them.

Going to try the standard Mintex ones next.
                        Why not? I've pretty much decided to go with the MiniSport 7.9inch 4 pot as even when my pads have heated up they are still not up to the job in my opinion. If 4 pots significantly improve my braking that has to be good

Thanks for the comments.
                        Last edited by CooperWorks; 08-11-2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

all good, ther was a chat about pads on birdmans back to front build,,
                          take a look its not to far from the end,, I could not believe the shist they say on there pages in general there cRap,, [loosely just my thoughts]
                          you have set your mind on the mini sports,, must be a good thing,, also your old,s, set will make aprox half of what your new ones will cost, don't forget, take care when removeing,
                          Last edited by ardonfast; 08-11-2013, 06:07 PM.
                          "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"

Comment

Found some snaps on my phone. How do I post them up?

Comment

get a photo bucket hosting site,, upload pics, then click on the bottom box on the picture page its image code,,i think, and then plonk it on to your page,
                              it will just show as a number until you push [post]
                              "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"

Comment

Working...
                              X