audi tt seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audi tt seats

as per title has anyone fitted some into there mini.....any pics...
    got fronts for mine but cant see anyway of fitting them without major cutting of the box section across the floor(which i dont want to do..) these are the seats
    http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/...328_172305.jpg
    having them on top of the box secton they sit very high and my head almost touches the roof of the car
    or if anyone local to birmingham have some already modified seats ready to just bolt in at the right price drop me a message
    Last edited by cooper_mark; 26-04-2021, 10:28 PM.
    Think Twice Before Passing This Mini.....It Could Make U Look F**k**g Silly.....

my beast

I have no idea how well they fit but I have bought the fronts in full black leather for mine which have the standard Mini brackets on them so ready to go.

The car was nowhere near fitting seats so just have them in storage.

Sorry, this isn't very helpful.

Andrew.
    If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

Comment

I have electric seats from a VW Passat. The front bolster under my legs is 12" above the floor, and the back of the seat is 6". The top of the seat back is 14" below the roof liner and 6" higher than the side window bottom. I am 5' - 11" tall and have lots of head room. The electric seats are great in that they can be adjusted to change seating position on long runs. I did a lot of looking around for suitable seats and finally realized that they are mostly all similar in size - only the thickness of the padding differs substantially. You may just have the back of the seat up too high.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by bobjonah View Post
        I have electric seats from a VW Passat. The front bolster under my legs is 12" above the floor, and the back of the seat is 6". The top of the seat back is 14" below the roof liner and 6" higher than the side window bottom. I am 5' - 11" tall and have lots of head room. The electric seats are great in that they can be adjusted to change seating position on long runs. I did a lot of looking around for suitable seats and finally realized that they are mostly all similar in size - only the thickness of the padding differs substantially. You may just have the back of the seat up too high.

Good Luck
        have you any pics how you have fixed them in place plz
        thnx mark
        Think Twice Before Passing This Mini.....It Could Make U Look F**k**g Silly.....

my beast

Comment

Hi Mark: I have absolutely no idea of how to post pics - Have not been able to sort it out since the demise of photo bucket, and even then it was hit / miss.. Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I can send some that way.

Sorry

Comment

Pmd mate

my beast

Comment

Originally posted by bobjonah View Post
              Hi Mark: I have absolutely no idea of how to post pics - Have not been able to sort it out since the demise of photo bucket, and even then it was hit / miss.. Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I can send some that way.

Sorry
              Just press upload attachments, then select the picture on your computer... it's easier than before you can choose the size it will be displayed as.
              Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
              (use Irish accent)

Comment

IMG_0575.JPG IMG_0581.JPG IMG_0582.JPG IMG_0583.JPG

Comment

Thanks Birdman - that was easy. first photo shows the electric switches - just enough room to reach them by the door bins. second shows y\the mounting bracket to the original 1969 seat pivots. third shows rear floor support and gas spring assist on inside next to the tunnel. Last gives an idea of how much room to access rear seat area. To tip the seats, the back must be tilted forward and the seat is moved forward as well. The gas assist is necessary because the seats are quite heavy. It just requires a bit of lift, and then the gas takes over and holds the seat up until you push it back down

Comment

ty bobjonah

my beast

Comment

Working...
                    X