Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it easy to tune honda b16 engine or i mean retuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it easy to tune honda b16 engine or i mean retuning?

Hi all, i want to know if i can get in my laptop the software and tune my engine, i really want to learn so i don't depend on anyone else
    Starts
    05-05-2021
    Ends
    06-05-2021
    Thank you
    Ayman

Won't see much of a gain on normally-aspirated engines tbh. Turbo engines respond very well, but beware that novice laptop tuners regularly damage engines with cloned hardware, dodgy downloaded maps or general lack of understanding / skill / experience...
    You'll need a chipped and socketted ECU for starters

Comment

I don't think anyone on here would whack out the laptop and start pushing buttons to adjust anything, if something does go wrong then you need to take it to someone who knows what they are doing, this stuff isn't like changing an engine or making a new wiring loom from scratch, tuners have reputation that is built up, the bad ones get found out and word spreads quick

You'll end up paying double or three times if something goes wrong to fix what you done wrong, even if its something minor as you are paying for there time, yes its not cheap but some things are out of our hands

Now if you are a computer geek and work with software all day long and know your field inside out then you could start afresh and take courses online, maybe attend classes (once things are back to normal) but you will need to practice your new found knowledge on a car...yours I'd imagine 😐
      My mini has got nothing to prove so nothing to lose

Comment

Thanks 😂 i think am backing off
        Thank you
        Ayman

Comment

I bought a Hondata to have my car tuned and a tuner told me a few things i didnt want to hear so i went about it myself. The car wasnt too far from a stock motor with boost so it really wasnt that complicated. It runs great. Could it pickup more power on a dyno from a good tuner? Im sure,but it ran as good as stock and feels pretty good. Going to get more aggressive soon with it and see where i end up. Hopefully it holds 😁

Comment

Working...
          X