Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Cylinder and slave

Hi All,

Ok, I am thinking of changing to a hydro clutch setup not cable.
    What are the most reliable and easiest setups do yo guys have. I am still using the mini pedal setup. The Honda slave cylinder looks like it will fit, however about the Master cylinder and what size?
    Any help appreciated.
    Cheers
    Ben

I use a 5/8 diameter Willwood as a master with the stock honda slave cylinder. You should be careful not to get overthrow on the pedal, I fitted an adjustable hard stop under the pedal to stop this occurring.
    Here is a link to what I used: Wilwood Disc Brakes - Master Cylinders Description
    It only took me 3 years to reach 100 posts and become a senior member!

Comment

You can use the standard Honda master - I did - and either space it up, or shorten the operating rod. It's a bit on-off, but not really a problem

Comment

Originally posted by 250ptm View Post
        I use a 5/8 diameter Willwood as a master with the stock honda slave cylinder. You should be careful not to get overthrow on the pedal, I fitted an adjustable hard stop under the pedal to stop this occurring.
        Here is a link to what I used: Wilwood Disc Brakes - Master Cylinders Description
        Awesome, cheers. And plumb in a reservoir where ever fits in the engine bay? have yo any photos of your setup?

Comment

Originally posted by fynnbar View Post
          You can use the standard Honda master - I did - and either space it up, or shorten the operating rod. It's a bit on-off, but not really a problem
          Thanks fynnbar, the Honda is mounted horizontally from factory so its fine to use vertically in the mini setup? Have you mounted it in the standard position on the bulkhead next to the brake master? Any pics?

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I used both brake and clutch Honda Masters, like this... I made a reservoir that suited both
              1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyal View Post
                I used both brake and clutch Honda Masters, like this... I made a reservoir that suited both
                1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
                Awesome pics, thanks pompeyal, the Honda master doesn't look like it takes up too much space as my intake needs as much space as possible.

Comment

In the 1st picture, you would have to make up a pin and weld it to the clevis for the brake master cylinder, this just sits inside the plunger on the master cylinder is of smaller diameter than the hole to allow for float and has a domed end and it has just enough length to allow freedom for movement at the clevis end, looking at the 3rd picture I have re orientated the clutch master to allow the resevoir outlet look at the feed and the original plunger and clevis from the Honda Master has been used, the travel is short and I will need to fit a floor stop for the peddle. The flanges on both have been re drilled to suit the Mini bolt pattern and thinned down accordingly.

Comment

Hey guys, this is a replacement oem Honda clutch master, what is this outlet circled? Do I require this? If so where does it go?
                    Attached Files

Comment

It attaches to the fluid reservoir

s-l1600.jpg

Comment

Of course, 🤦🏼‍♂️ Cheers

Comment

Hi mates, today i couldn’t make any change of my gears when the car is on but when it is off i can change.

attaching the pic of my clutch.

Attached Files
                          Thank you
                          Ayman

Comment

Looks like the slave is really close to the exhaust, you may have cooked the rubbers and fluid...

Comment

What other solutions to do

please advice
                              Thank you
                              Ayman

Comment

Working...
                              X