1.8 KSERIES VVC 160 @ 7200 1.66 BHP/KG

1.8 KSERIES VHPD 184 @ 7000 1.91 BHP/KG

Suzuki 80kg
    Rover k series 96kg
    Honda b16 105kg
    Mini A series 110kg
    Toyota 137kg
    Vauxhall 140kg ?????? carnt find manufactor weight

Mini cooper s engine from 1965 is said to be 76bhp but they were proberbly all diffrent.

Found the ford 2.0litre already worked out on internet so dont know weight?

I was a bit bored so i found out how heavy engines are to how much power they have. You can work this out by bhp divided by engine weight.

formula = engine wet weight with no gearbox (kg) divide by engine bhp

c20xe was 140kg

I think this is wrong so if eneybody knows the proper weight with no gearbox please post and i can edit this. The other engines are manufactor weight so are accurate. But some might be with ancillares and others not. I know the k series is 96kg with and without its 78kg.
    13.5 @ 101mph standard VVC engine
    Rover no show and all go!!!!!

G13B is about the same as a mini engine I think, around 110kg i seem to remember reading not far off anyway. G13A had 3 cylinders and was SOHC and weighed 63 kg. With a bit of extrapolation (both alloy blocks), at 21kg/cylinder thats 84kg +extra weight of DOHC cylinder head, you definately could say around its around the 100kg mark...

So what does that make the approximate engine to wieght ratio for G13B (100bhp) ?? :P

Comment

Hi,

G13B has 105Bhp std and weight 110kg with gearbox.
      So, gearbox is 27Kg without oil... you will be talking 80Kg.

1.31Bhp/kg

I can find out what rev is for max power.

Cheers
      Atchi

Comment

LOL this thread wud have to be started by a k-series person! I'm sure the g13b. Is comfortably under 100kg
        [email protected] :)

Denis.

Comment

could the weights of the engine please be added to the thread

regards

Matt
          Mini Restoration on YouTube, donate to club running costs : [email protected]

Comment

regards

Matt
            Just so all the Vauxhall 20xe guys feel like they have to now go on a diet!!
            Been on the road 12 months now, and im still working on it way too much!
            Regards Paul

Comment

Originally posted by mini1

regards

Matt
              Just so all the Vauxhall 20xe guys feel like they have to now go on a diet!!
              Don't matter mate, there's more torque than the other engines to pull everything along

M.
              Car...http://www.themininut.com
              Photo...http://www.thefullframe.co.uk
              500px Facebook

Comment

Somewhere once upon a time I remember reading the Suzuki is 98kg. Going off of Atchi's numbers, I'm guessing that might be the wet weight.
                I have to take exception to 99fusions implication that the G13B is about the same weight as the mini engine. I've picked up and carried around a g13b long block and that was heavy but doable. The gearbox is pretty lightweight too. I've carried it around w/ one hand. On the other hand, it took 3 people to pull the A-series out of the back of my wagon and that was just to get it onto the ground where we could slide it around.
                Obviously, not back to back, apples to apples comparison, but the A-series is a huge chunk of iron while the G13b is all aluminum. I'd be really surprised if they were within 25kg of each other...

Comment

Originally posted by mrbell
                  On the other hand, it took 3 people to pull the A-series out of the back of my wagon and that was just to get it onto the ground where we could slide it around...
                  maybe... i just remember reading somewhere that the a-series engine weighed 98kg, but then i may be way off - u know those "i seem to remember figures... most acurate ... It took a struggling me and my dad to move the A-series engine block into a corner of the garage, that and lots of swearing/red faces

so does that mean you swifties with rubber suspension have an even bouncier mini than normal?!

edit:... hmmm maybe that 98kg was the g13b... those uni years don't half wear on you

Comment

I carnt find the weight of a mini engine eneywhere. If eney body knows eneyother engine that possobly would fit in a mini and knows the weight please post it so i can put it on the table. Even bike engines.

Comment

Originally posted by matt
                      I carnt find the weight of a mini engine eneywhere. If eney body knows eneyother engine that possobly would fit in a mini and knows the weight please post it so i can put it on the table. Even bike engines.
                      aha ha! Gotta love the good old haynes manual, got me through countless times of damn how does this thing go back together again? after stripping the mini a couple of years before...

may i quote, Haynes manual, MINI '69 to'89, Chapter one, Section 5, subsection:
                      "The engine/transmission unit weighs approximately 330 lb (150kg)"

I thought i'd seen it somewhere... was only 40kg off.. :P

so how much does the gearbox weigh?, and 7.38l of oil? +3l of coolant (3kg if approximately same density as water)?

edit: forget the fluids, from re-reading that section sounds like it's 150kg without the fluids. down to interpretation really but within approx 10kg of 150...

edit 2: or is wet weight = with fluids...?

Comment

Originally posted by MattG

regards

Matt
                        and torque too if possible?

Comment

What you want is one of these babies.

Hayabusa V8 twin Turbo

650 BHP and only 90KG

7.22 BHP/KG.

http://www.h1v8.com/page/page/1562068.htm

Comment

Originally posted by ludsonline
                            What you want is one of these babies.

Hayabusa V8 twin Turbo

650 BHP and only 90KG

7.22 BHP/KG.

http://www.h1v8.com/page/page/1562068.htm

That is the engine you need to make the fastest mini down the strip. Would beat that yellow v8 mini

Comment

650hp and 0.001ft'lb thatd be great for city traffic.

im quite sure a B16 ways more than the k/S2000 series lumps!? and im sure the k/s2000 dont weigh that much!

*cant mind the leter given o the s2000 engines f-series?!?
                              [email protected] :)

Denis.

Comment

Working...
                              X