Rover metro 1.1 / 1.4 k-series engine mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rover metro 1.1 / 1.4 k-series engine mount

Hello. Looking for one. The alloy bit that fits to the block, fixing bolts, and the metalastic mount itself. My engine is a 160zr 1.8 and the mount is not compact enough so looking to swap it for one of these which has the vertical mounting studs and keeps it close to the block. Anybody got one gathering dust?

Pic is copyright Gazwad........

Thanks

James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is this:

Comment

I think the bit that mounts to the block is pretty universal, and the mount itself is on RimmerBros for a bargain at the minute, here's a link.
      Originally posted by apbellamy
      Fuck me Shaun. That actually made sense.

Comment

That's useful thanks. I believe the bit on the block is different. Metro one has vertical studs, ZR one is fixed with bolts which slope outwards (see pic).

Comment

Ah, that does look different.

Pretty sure the vertical stud one that I used came from a Rover 214, so I imagine the MEMS 1.9 era rovers were all the same. Should help widen the search

Comment

Originally posted by MiniLandy View Post
            Ah, that does look different.

Pretty sure the vertical stud one that I used came from a Rover 214, so I imagine the MEMS 1.9 era rovers were all the same. Should help widen the search

Thanks, makes sense. I just re-read your build thread and it has given me some hope for using the cable clutch type gearbox mount (as you did).

Also, from the pics of your mk2 subframe am I right the sump is at the same level as the bottom of the subframe, and the engine tilts forward so the sump is horizontal?

Comment

No problem.

If I remember correctly, the sump was all nice and horizontal, using the aluminium type sump. Went to a great deal of effort to get it all central and level, and it vastly improved the handling over my previous frame.

Comment

Ta. Will bear that in mind. Just to close off this short thread I've managed to source the mount now.

Comment

Working...
                X