Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donor Mini-ish (urgent!)

Hi,

I am in need of a donor mini, as i have sent the logbook off for my mini and it seems that it was a victim to the scrappage scheme.
    I have everything i need of the car so as long as the I.D. is present i am interested. It would be nice if i could get another tax exempt plate to put on it!

I am based in coventry and feel free to let me know what you have got!

cheers
    Matt

hi, ive got a mini clubman 1980, which is fitted with new wings, tidy bonnet bot doors, boot lid and can be made rolling with a rear huddersfeild beam comes with full log book and on sorn pm if intrested cheers.

forgot to say it needs welding to both front floors, bulkhead, boot floor and seat cross member.
    Last edited by 16vclubby; 06-07-2010, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 16vclubby View Post
      hi, ive got a mini clubman 1980, which is fitted with new wings, tidy bonnet bot doors, boot lid and can be made rolling with a rear huddersfeild beam comes with full log book and on sorn pm if intrested cheers.

forgot to say it needs welding to both front floors, bulkhead, boot floor and seat cross member.
      Hi, if it was a bit closer i may have been interested but i am after a tax exempt one really.

cheers
      Matt

Comment

Originally posted by minimadmatt1275 View Post
        Hi, if it was a bit closer i may have been interested but i am after a tax exempt one really.

cheers
        Matt
        BTT.....

Anyone got a tax exempt id???

Comment

dont think your gonna get much joy on internet forums, the police and dvla look at them too
          If it aint broke......Your not driving hard enough!

Comment

Originally posted by cables View Post
            dont think your gonna get much joy on internet forums, the police and dvla look at them too
            why would the police or dvla be a problem???

All i am going to do is use the one i have got now as a donor for parts for the new car.

Comment

Originally posted by minimadmatt1275 View Post
              why would the police or dvla be a problem???

All i am going to do is use the one i have got now as a donor for parts for the new car.
              I think the point been made here is that you need to be a little bit careful about what you are asking for.
              A tax exemption vehicle is classed as a historic vehicle and the vehicle must be fully authentic and any new parts fitted must be authentic heritage parts with the paperwork to prove its authenticity.
              If you plan to go 16 valve and fit a modern engine and even if you fit not standard parts and non patent panels to a historic vehicle it is possible for the DVLA to revoke its historic status so you could end up paying car tax anyway.
              Transferring an ID from another vehicle isn’t legal so asking someone to sell you an id on a public web site may not be the best way forward …...

We all know that some people are “unknowingly” breaking the DVLA guide lines and I’m sure that people will continue to do so for many years and until the powers that be really clamp down on it but I don’t really think that it’s a major issue for those people and I think they are the lucky ones

There is loads of scare mongering on the mini forum about this subject but don’t be put off by it. You ether believe everything written or you don’t my personal opinion is that there are a few half truths in some of what has been written

I have been told that MOT testers are to play a bigger part in “policing” the tax exemption authenticity of historic vehicles and modified vehicles in general. We are already seeing some of the effects of this when people try to change engine numbers on the V5 with the DVLA

Comment

Originally posted by smilerb View Post
                I think the point been made here is that you need to be a little bit careful about what you are asking for.
                A tax exemption vehicle is classed as a historic vehicle and the vehicle must be fully authentic and any new parts fitted must be authentic heritage parts with the paperwork to prove its authenticity.
                If you plan to go 16 valve and fit a modern engine and even if you fit not standard parts and non patent panels to a historic vehicle it is possible for the DVLA to revoke its historic status so you could end up paying car tax anyway.
                Transferring an ID from another vehicle isn’t legal so asking someone to sell you an id on a public web site may not be the best way forward …...

We all know that some people are “unknowingly” breaking the DVLA guide lines and I’m sure that people will continue to do so for many years and until the powers that be really clamp down on it but I don’t really think that it’s a major issue for those people and I think they are the lucky ones

There is loads of scare mongering on the mini forum about this subject but don’t be put off by it. You ether believe everything written or you don’t my personal opinion is that there are a few half truths in some of what has been written

I have been told that MOT testers are to play a bigger part in “policing” the tax exemption authenticity of historic vehicles and modified vehicles in general. We are already seeing some of the effects of this when people try to change engine numbers on the V5 with the DVLA

I do understand what you are saying but i am not doing this purely to get a tax exempt car i am doing this because i dont want to throw away 18 months of hard work spend on the car (mainly bodywork) and i would not like to have it on a Q plate. All this because the dvla have registered it as scrapped 2 months after i bought it.

If anyone has any better suggestions then please let me know.

cheers
                Matt

Comment

Matt,
                  Not saying don't do it, just be careful how you do it. Strange your car was "scrapped" two months after you got it, have you any comeback on the person you got it from. Can you not re-register it by reappying for a new V5?

Comment

Originally posted by smilerb View Post
                    Matt,
                    Not saying don't do it, just be careful how you do it. Strange your car was "scrapped" two months after you got it, have you any comeback on the person you got it from. Can you not re-register it by reappying for a new V5?

Yeah i know, cheers.

Not sure about re-registering it. will have a look!

no i dont think so, it was a private sale and i dont see that i would get anywhere persuing it!

I think it just takes a while for the system to update as i checked the status when i bought it and it want registerd as scrap then so who knows what they have done!

Comment

yeah that was my point just be careful what and how your doing it
                      If it aint broke......Your not driving hard enough!

Comment

Working...
                      X