Clear All

Proof that it runs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJcq0..._order&list=UL

Comment

Proof that it drives!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CvAmfsTtew

Comment

Thanks!

hi, just wanted to say cheers for all the photos, im currently trying to do the same conversion with very little experience making your post very useful,
        That was an Opel race...

Comment

Originally posted by M1N1 M4D View Post
          hi, just wanted to say cheers for all the photos, im currently trying to do the same conversion with very little experience making your post very useful,
          No problem at all fella, if you get stuck, just holler.

This car is now for sale if you know of anyone interested in buying it.

Comment

Tempting....

Go on then how much are you after?

Comment

Originally posted by maximus View Post
              Go on then how much are you after?
              hit the search and u will find....
              http://16vminiclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25409
              Think Twice Before Passing This Mini.....It Could Make U Look F**k**g Silly.....

my beast

Comment

okey cokey kids!

After what seems like a lifetime of deliberation and house renovations and such like ive finally made my mind up on what to do with the mini.

HIC Insurance kind of made my mind up for me really. Essentially they tried to shaft me at policy renewal time so ive decided to keep the Mini off the road for the next 12 months or so and monsterise the C16SE.

The aim will be to achieve somewhere in the region of between 130 and 150 bhp by means of the following mods:-

Dbilas throttle bodies - (i already have these)
                Lairy cam - (not sure which one yet. Im open to suggestions)
                Blydenstein Group A head (I already have this)
                4 branch exhaust manifold - (im currently using the cast iron 1.4 corsa item)
                Radiator & fan upgrade - (because the MPI one is SH1T)
                A hydraulic clutch because the cable clutch is a total and utter barsteward.

I will keep you informed of the progress in the coming months.

Mike

Comment

I thought you'd flogged it. Looks like a good list of mods. Keep us updated, preferably with lots of pics

John
                  Originally posted by apbellamy
                  I've got 3 long studs in my hand.

Comment

Revingtosh , mine has just got 120bhp at the wheels for a miniworld shootout day so your 140 shouldnt be too hard to achieve, plus the guys said it was bogging down and that once set up its not uncommon for them to reach 140bhp plus

I know yours is the c16se and mines the e16se but they have the same bhp standard.
                    All mine has are kawasaki bike carbs on a bogg bros inlet
                    a kent fast road kam
                    straight through exhaust and a wide ratio 5 speed f13 box
                    using the nova 1.4 ignition set-up so with megasquirt/jolt id see even better gains
                    With the set-up you've mentioned i would imagine youd be at your 140bhp mark (thats if you wanted 140 at the wheels ,if its at the flywheel then your laughing!)
                    http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=24993]

Comment

• It's been a while - so much has happened meaning that The Pig has sat in the garage
                      For god knows how long collecting dust.

I'm gonna make an effort this year and get it back on the road

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

• Congratulations on the build mate, car looks great! Doing one myself soon just need some time off or at home. How did the car perform? I wouldn't like to do one and in the end be upset with results. . Is it track day fast?

Comment

• Hi - the car runs really well. It's sorned at the minute though - we've just had a little baby girl so my free time is a bit limited to say the least!

Comment

• Did you have to cut the n/s/f top suspension arm front retaining nut? I didn't get any installation manuals with my subframe but I see one online that talks about using a 0.5" unf half nut which I don't have.

Comment

• The Allspeed frame does indeed come with a half nut and then cut the protruding threads off
                              Originally posted by apbellamy
                              I've got 3 long studs in my hand.

Comment

• I take it I can just cut my existing nut in half and use that?

Comment

Working...
                                X