Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update your location mike , so i know where you are

Matt
    Mini Restoration on YouTube, donate to club running costs : [email protected]

Comment

I live near Liverpool fella. Thankfully not too close though

Comment

Originally posted by revingtosh View Post
        I live near Liverpool fella. Thankfully not too close though
        poo . a bit far from me to help out..

Matt
        Mini Restoration on YouTube, donate to club running costs : [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
          poo . a bit far from me to help out..

Matt
          Thanks anyway Matt, you are very kind.

Comment

I spoke to Rob at Allspeed earlier today. He's kindly agreed to send me some more of the engine shims out for me. Hes a top bloke

Aside from that, i'd say that the level of aftersales service from Allspeed has been second to none. I would recommend them to anybody considering this type of conversion.

Comment

I'm only in south Manchester if you ever need to take a look at a running c16se mini to compare anything, not far off the end of the M56 I made some extra shims out of some ally blanking plates from a rack of computers - handy stuff as its about 3mm thick, and free!
              Rich

Comment

Cheers for that Rich.

Im still after a 4 branch manifold, would you have one for sale?

Comment

Just a cheeky little update.

Alternator is completely sorted.

Gear shift and linkage all sorted.

Clutch mechanism is all sorted.

Throttle cable all sorted.

Fuel lines, all sorted.

Wont be long now...! Probably...

Comment

Y'know when i said that "it wont be long now... probably"... something always comes along and pisses on your bonfire!

Have a look at this... http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19211

Ballache or what?

Comment

Apologies for the lack of updates! Has it really been this long?

Everything is now finished apart from the wiring and bleeding of the brakes.

The car is now running too !! ,

However, upon inspecting the old mini wiring loom closely it would appear that the loom is knackered. A lot of the insulation on the wires is cracked and there appear to be lots of dodgy crimp connectors used at randon throughout the loom.

As im a complete noob when it comes to auto electrics ive decided to recruit the services of my cousin who will (fingers crossed) qualify as an autoelectrician sometime soon.

In order to set us off on the correct path ive decided to buy one of these:-

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/cbs-wirin...mod-1185-p.asp

Because the old loom is goosed, we've taken the decision to make a complete new one for the front of the car, so its solder-tastic at the moment!

Hopefully the wiring should be complete within the next month so i will post a few pics when its all finished. To the untrained eye it looks like the car hasnt progressed but i know different, ive got the frost bite to prove it.

Ive ordered a propane space heater today, being a fisherman im normally fairly hardy but yesterday was bitterly cold out there. A garage heater is a must now that im getting old

Mike

Comment

Sorry to drag up the past but have you any pics of the clutch cable bracket you used, cant seem to find any pics anywhere. Cheers
                        I'm guessing it cant be much longer now!

Comment

Hello there,

Im due to go back into the garage tomorrow night, its toooo cold at the moment!

If i think on, i will take some pics for you. Although, access is restricted because the plenum chamber partially obscures the bit that you want to see.

Mike

Comment

Rightyo, here is my latest update – with pictures this time!!

Interior
                            I’ve made a dash out of an old Autoplas one, some brass plate, matt black plastocote and a few new Smiths clocks:-

Exhaust
                            Full stainless Scorpion Exhaust is all fitted and working. It looks and sounds a treat too.

A deft bit of stainless welding from my mate Nige.

The bulge in the pipe is the bit that Nige fabricated from a solid lump

Engine

All running now! It sounds sweet too.
                            Engine is now fully plumbed in, including the cooling system.

Brakes

The brakes are now fully bled up and ready to go. I’ve gone for 4 pot calipers and brand new Goodridge Hoses.
                            The linkage rod which runs into the master was a bit too short when using the Allspeed bracket. Because of this, the brake pedal sat far too low for comfort. Luckily one of the lads has the idea of using an 8mm wing mirror extension fitting from an Apilia RS125. Here are some pics for anyone else who comes across this problem.
                            My only complaint is that it ain’t in black!!

Wiring

The ECU and wiring module are all mounted in the passenger side of the bulkhead, they are also fully live. You can’t see the ECU as it sits underneath the wiring module
                            We decided to rip out all of the old loom because it was completely shot at, so there’s still plenty of wiring to do though!

Removable Steel Front End

All wired up apart from the final plug.

The intention is to use one of the 13pin euro caravan plugs like these:-

Ive drilled out the passenger side wheel well in order to take the plug:-

So its just wiring, wiring and more wiring now.

Comment

Originally posted by MINI ME View Post
                              Sorry to drag up the past but have you any pics of the clutch cable bracket you used, cant seem to find any pics anywhere. Cheers
                              Here you go:-

Comment

bit of a random question i know but, is it not necessary to use brace bars with the allspeed frame?

Comment

Working...
                                X