Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by philster View Post
    Got the week off this week so took the opportunity to get an extra day in

Did a bit on saturday, mainly fiddly bits of welding and stuff then ran out of mig wire so with what time I had left decided to give the F16 gearbox a bit of a clean, still needs a bit more cleaning before it's ready for a coat of paint (may steal some of that oven cleaner from the kitchen )

Today I managed to get the lower part of the rear panel plated and seam welded, just needs grinding and a skim of filler

next up is the rear valance, hopefully should be able to pick a genuine one up from minisport

There really isn't much metalwork left to do now (thank fuck) got the scuttle, rear valance, and a couple of small plates to weld in. Then i'm gonna attack it with a grinder & wirebrush attachment ready for paint and seam seal
    hi phil i was just looking at your floor pictures. i am at the same stage as your self i was told that the rear of the main floor where the heal bord meets the floor goes on the inside of the seam? i was told by the body work guy from mini-machine, darlington. i hope your right! it looks a right pain to fit in the inside! lol

Comment

• There's a bend in the panel just before the backseat, from memory this is then spot welded to the rear seat back & base.
      build diary - frame now in progress

Comment

• excellent work so far mate keep it up

Comment

• Looks good mate and a good idea moving the masters back

Comment

• been keeping an eye on this build Phil, any more updates?.

Comment

• Holy thread ressurection batman.... 😅

https://youtu.be/hoCgmb4jbyc
              build diary - frame now in progress

Comment

• Good work, the pleasure expressed at getting running made me smile, always satisfying when it first fires up.

Comment

Working...
                X