X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ardonfast
    replied
    Originally posted by NudgerSS View Post
    The man who insists on 10's is jumping to 14's!

Oh well Shaun if that's you're only option then crack on and I look forward to your new build.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Yes johnner , it's the worst compromise! And maybe clubfoot plastic front , will see, it's purely a gearing thing, I have it worked out , fecked if I want to be taking gearboxes apart or paying stupid money for 2 final drive cogs, I will still have 115 mph , that's just a Shaun head calculation, lol

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Originally posted by MattG View Post
    thats gone today !
    Yes I'm waiting for it to arrive , lol only joking,

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Originally posted by MiniLandy View Post
    Dodged a bullet there Shaun!
    Yes definitely Paul, I'm full of them so I have learnt !

Leave a comment:

• MattG
    replied
    thats gone today !

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Originally posted by MattG View Post
    life is really annoying how it gets in way

anyway shaun , we shall stick with you in your next journey
    That's nice boss, the subamini has convinced me,

Leave a comment:

• NudgerSS
    replied
    The man who insists on 10's is jumping to 14's!

Oh well Shaun if that's you're only option then crack on and I look forward to your new build.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• MiniLandy
    replied
    Dodged a bullet there Shaun!

Leave a comment:

• MattG
    replied
    life is really annoying how it gets in way

anyway shaun , we shall stick with you in your next journey

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Right so , this I the close of a less than sucksessfull build!!
    I never felt good about this mini, I want to blame the clubman look but that's not totally correct, from start to finish seem like a pain the DTA ECU didn't give me a good start so then swapped out for carbs and dizzy and that didn't work very well either due to somehow ended up with a distributor that didn't fit in the two location holes, well that's by the by so not feeling good all along and one thing and another happening in my day to day life I'm going to say I've sold it to a man quite local the bad thing for him is he saw it running the day he picked it up so he's taking it back and I found out tonight that he had it running and the cambelt snapped only done 11 valves,
    I feel bad for him , but he don't seem botherd, now after me not liking it , that would have been my next disappointment,
    Any way, I have new plans ,
    Round nose , 130 hp is plenty, I plan on useing as much stuff as I can that matches the engine, shafts/brakes/wires, ect,
    My pet hate is oversized wheels, but I'm going to have to bite the bullet ,, purely down to gearing, I think it will be 14,s so let's see, thanks for the support I have had along this ball ache, better hope/luck this time ,

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Yes it moves exsact opposite with nothing in the way to only let it fit 1 way, but as Keith said you can move leads,
    You know that but I do understand your qwestion!
    This dizzy has the normal big movement slot for static movement of dizzy while under strobe light , but the bolts are now ,not in them slots but outside , don't matter it just dose your nut in when you believe it bolts up there,

Leave a comment:

• gadget555
    replied
    No I don't think so as it is pinned to the shaft through the centre line, if you were to move it 180 degrees round it would still be the same although you would have moved the position of number 1 round to number 4.

Leave a comment:

• wee man
    replied
    Can the plastic drive be moved round on dizzy?

Leave a comment:

• Mini Vlatko
    replied
    Originally posted by ardonfast View Post
    It's impossible to fit it any other way , the location holes are off centre, so it's impossible to fit it any other way, but when bolted on its wrong, even with the normal side to side adjustment , bolts had to come out to fit it correctly,
    What's the reason for that? Wrong dizzy?
    Happy for you BTW! And a little jealous

Leave a comment:

• gadget555
    replied
    Nice one!

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    It's impossible to fit it any other way , the location holes are off centre, so it's impossible to fit it any other way, but when bolted on its wrong, even with the normal side to side adjustment , bolts had to come out to fit it correctly,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X