X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ardonfast
    replied
    thanks all,
    I posted yesterday to ask,, but then took it upon myself to go out and wrap the sencer + wire,, I saw the advice when I got in late,, I would not have botherd if I had seen,,
    having said that it probably wont hert it,, pics later,,
    while im in this neack of the woods I see a sharp pin pointing at the pully
    it seems to attach to the block near cam belt cover,
    just to lern as I go what is this pin?????
    the aria is a bitt grubby and wanderd if it sences any thing??

Leave a comment:

• Andy_S
    replied
    My Crank sensor wire runs behind the exhaust manifold without any shielding so it's deffo not a problem. Just use the spare bolt hole(s) as a means of clipping (bolt+cable tie) the wire so it can't bounce around.

Simple solutions are often the best.

Leave a comment:

• Richspec
    replied
    Originally posted by Birdman View Post
    The Crank Sensor should live behind your alternator when you've mounted it. The wire should bugger off the other way around the side of the cambelt cover on std vauxhall injection. Lets hope yours does not connect up the other side on your system, as you'd need a longer wire and its shielded + then it would be in bad exhaust fannimold territory.

nope, it'll run across the face of block tucked behind the dipstick, it'll be fine, mines always been there.

Leave a comment:

• Birdman
    replied
    The Crank Sensor should live behind your alternator when you've mounted it. The wire should bugger off the other way around the side of the cambelt cover on std vauxhall injection. Lets hope yours does not connect up the other side on your system, as you'd need a longer wire and its shielded + then it would be in bad exhaust fannimold territory.

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Originally posted by ardonfast View Post
    1 qwestion,,?? don't worie im not going off altinator fitting, but see this sencer into the block?? is it the crank possistion sencer?? and I think if I don't make a heat shield for it it may get heated up unessisaraly from the exe manifold?? dose this happen?? if so ile need to attach my heat sheald to my altinator mounting brackets, I don't feel like I can leave it unprotected?
    l

Leave a comment:

Working...
X