X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ardonfast
    replied
    Originally posted by Yellow View Post
    Are the jets in the carbs a known quantity? Wondering if the mixture is miles out? Easy start or carb cleaner would rule that one out, aerosol spray straight down the inlet when cranking.

And I couldn't resist this one.....

https://youtu.be/cY1YndLmbXQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a grate vid , allways cheers me up,
    I've been all over them carbs, dispight not wanting to but beggers can't be choosers lol yes jets are correct for me, well close enough for rock an,roll, check the last page and vids ref easystart you Bazzstard, lol

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Originally posted by Mini Vlatko View Post
    I understand your frustration now more than anybody else cause I'm at same problem but with more electricity i.e. Megasquirt...
    Had spark, RPMs, TPS, temp. sensor’s working, air temp. working, pulse width showing but it didn't start.
    I was tempted to burn it down but I got to my senses and I'm trying with the system...let's go from the beginning maybe I've missed something...
    Hop you start it ASAP
    Yes vlatco , I know you and see your thing on Facebook, I can't say anything about help to you because your system are close to exsactly what made me not happy, the second I took all that stuff off I feel good ,
    That's just me! You are able to like it, that is good !
    We will talk again soon, now put some petrol into your intake, make good battery or pull on a rope ,
    Don't burn it now!!

Leave a comment:

• Yellow
    replied
    Are the jets in the carbs a known quantity? Wondering if the mixture is miles out? Easy start or carb cleaner would rule that one out, aerosol spray straight down the inlet when cranking.

And I couldn't resist this one.....

https://youtu.be/cY1YndLmbXQ

Leave a comment:

• Mini Vlatko
    replied
    I understand your frustration now more than anybody else cause I'm at same problem but with more electricity i.e. Megasquirt...
    Had spark, RPMs, TPS, temp. sensor’s working, air temp. working, pulse width showing but it didn't start.
    I was tempted to burn it down but I got to my senses and I'm trying with the system...let's go from the beginning maybe I've missed something...
    Hop you start it ASAP

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Yes he ain't happy unless he is doing what he wants, just like
    His mother, I trust the compression as it started good last time it ran, I have just got rocker box like Keith said , to find
    Number 1 rotor arm position so I can root leads,
    https://youtu.be/koL9mDCaGy4

Leave a comment:

• AGoaty
    replied
    I think I would do a compression test. The engine isn't even trying to fire.

Poor Cooper. Looks fed up!

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    There is the odd explosion but only from rear exsust,
    There should be more flaims as you say,
    I notice them bike carbs have a big slider just like the s,u carb, they do lift by hand but I wanderd if I should jam them open while easystarting spray,

Leave a comment:

• NudgerSS
    replied
    What i don’t understand is you’re getting a good spark, you’ve introduced fuel but not getting any pops or bangs at all. Should at least be backfiring or popping out the carbs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Yes as you say, it fired up 1st time on the old itb/ECU
    That took the 1 compression stroke from the crank position
    Sencer, not in use any more,
    As you say back to basics it the best apart from my last,
    I have 2 or 3 rocker box studs that will possibly snap to get
    To veiw valves/cam,
    I thought there was 2 dizzys and points dizzy and coil pack dizzy but there seems to be 4 dizzys,
    Now I have a nice spark and the spark seems to be looking
    Like it's fireing in a nice sequence, by eye,
    I don't know but I'm thinking my dizzy don't match
    My coil pack, I don't have the points type dizzy,
    I'm old school but I don't want points!!!
    But would at the moment lol
    I think I have the old coil type dizzy but I'm useing a coil pack,
    Hang on, hang on, my coil pack lead is correct to plug into my dizzy, so again the mistory continue,s,
    Last edited by ardonfast; 01-08-2018, 12:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gadget555
    replied
    Your going to have to go old school back to basic's! take the rocker cover off get no1 rockers rocking on the power stroke at tdc then see where the disy rotor arm is and try and work it from there? it can only be the way you have set the firing order but this puzzles me in that your not even getting a back fire or pop through the carbs or exhaust? even if it was 180 out there should be sufficient fuel to at least get a misfire from one cylinder.

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Originally posted by CooperWorks View Post
    Can you ask your phone to get your punctuation correct as well please. Commas and full stops would be nice.
    Yes I will try. This is getting on my wick comma
    When I say. It does give me a full stop, exclamation exclamation.
    I'm running out of steam with this it is actually quite simple but it's just going around and around I think something is wrong I have full spark I have full battery when the leads are 180 degrees out easy Start won't even give me a fire I'm lost but I shouldn't be.
    https://youtu.be/Cun0aNYt7jA

Leave a comment:

• CooperWorks
    replied
    Originally posted by ardonfast View Post
    So I'm stuck in a traffic jam somewhere in the middle of nowhere and I discover on my phone that I can talk into it and it spells everything correctly I can't believe you lot didn't tell me the do this already so now I can just talk cabbage while I'm able to make sense to everyone oh my god you have done it now I will talk about this problem later it is simpler than it seems it's just I have three things I'm not necessarily trusting and I'm going to bang one out later hurrah hurrah trip over the penny farthing
    Can you ask your phone to get your punctuation correct as well please. Commas and full stops would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Originally posted by InstantCustard View Post
    It might be a side exit but the firing order will still be the same.

Yes point taken Sugar Puffs I got tired and I have done my fair share of trying to swap everything around as best as I can it's very strange that the video just happened that way and it sounds good to just stop and chunk it doesn't always sound like that I suspect that the carbs are chucking too much petrol into one and it's not firing so maybe it's compressing and hydraulic in the piston I need to look again when I'm back this pothole needs to zoom zoom run bug peach

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Originally posted by NudgerSS View Post
    We really don't need a video of you banging one out thanks.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Are you sure Jonah I think you need to ask your gorgeous Mrs Sharon you did say we didn't you,

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Originally posted by Oz View Post
    hahahahahahahahahaha best post of the year !!
    I'm glad even the semi French can understand now

Leave a comment:

Working...
X