Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ardonfast
    replied
    You know when you read a post and you think that's eather " not happening" or "I don't believe this" ? That's where I'm at with this, how's about that plastic cog you sent link to obouve being put on 180 out ?

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Boom boom that's the bit johnner, I can now mend the bit I took 3 hours to mend that was not broke lol
    Thanks for looking, and thanks for post on last page,
    Last edited by ardonfast; 04-08-2018, 10:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gadget555
    replied
    Just found this repair piece on flea bay, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-...IAAOSwf15aY43w

Leave a comment:

• InstantCustard
    replied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• InstantCustard
    replied
    I’ve had the part number and checked and it is a Cavalier 1.6 8v dizzy.

Leave a comment:

• NudgerSS
    replied
    Sorry for all the posts Shaun but just been reading up on these different dizzys. Seems if you’ve got a c20xe dizzy then all that does is send the spark to the correct plug but it is fixed as the ecu does the timing. If thats the one you’ve got then it will never work.

As Dan says it’s the Cavalier 1.6 you need and think they are like rocking horse poo. Maybe someone like H&H do them but you’ll have to pay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• NudgerSS
    replied
    Ive got redtop tiger power.

Nice work on the pin but looking at this one on eBay it’s supposed to be like it was

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F202374011812

Leave a comment:

• NudgerSS
    replied
    JB Weld is the stuff you’re using Shaun. Before you put the dizzy back in grab the part number off it

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    That's a good tip mate! I just wish I had duplicates to swap when in doubt, would save all the time messing around while clutching at straws, if this was a mini engine I would have the answers, this vid is my next clutch at a thin straw!!
    https://youtu.be/GmhvJTqgToY

Leave a comment:

• InstantCustard
    replied
    From my research, you need a mk2 Cavalier 1.6 8v dizzy to make this work, not sure what you have there.

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    I get it , the vid may not be clear , but I new that the rotor arm is not in correct place, it's 1/4 wrong and not facing the 10 o,clock but it's pointing to 8 it's out , not only is it out, but it's out in a impossible place,

Leave a comment:

• InstantCustard
    replied
    The positions of the leads looks correct according to the pictures I’ve seen on a google search, the firing order and position looks correct according to the picture I posted earlier too.
    Have you shut off the fuel and easy started with the correct firing order?
    I just don’t want you wasting money and effort messing around with the dizzy when it looks like it’s working perfect to me.

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    It's such a peach sucking cream pie !! I did try with pump off on diferant occasions as you think, that easystart is majic ,
    It will give you a instant idia if the sparks are working ,it's not allways tiedy but it dose give you a clear reaction, it's the dizzy, I'm convinced!! Firstly I'm wandering why it was for sale but that's the devil whispering in my ear, that aside I know it should not be showing number 1 lead fire position at a odd place, by odd I mean on a odd number of degrees,
    It's on a 3/4 or 1/4 90 degrees , should be half or half due to the 1 hole in cam for dizzy drive, that is the case!! And lovely spark won't engnight unless petrols under compression,

Leave a comment:

• InstantCustard
    replied
    Ive got redtop tiger power.

When your using easy start are you shutting off the fuel supply from the tank?
    Worth a try before you start messing with the dizzy.

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    I'm convinced it's the dizzy ,
    https://youtu.be/kMdCHMH8wXY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X