Clear All

• ardonfast
    replied
    Compression test , l nearly chopped my little finger off ,
    https://youtu.be/zSOqsXzcFhw

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Yes, it did start years ago , I'm now going to compression test it , just wish I had a shelf full of suspect parts to swap just like I did back in the mini days ,

Leave a comment:

• NudgerSS
    replied
    2 maybe looks a bit weak but might just be the camera not picking it up great. Really don't see any reason why this isn't at least coughing even if it's not starting.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• InstantCustard
    replied
    Yeah, unfortunately the only way to test the ignition amp is to switch it with another!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Good one !! Worth a try when I get the will to live back lol,

Leave a comment:

• InstantCustard
    replied
    If you think you have some weak sparks is possible you have a faulty ignition amplifier? The coil is clearly working as you have a spark.
    You can test the HT leads by just switching them around and seeing if the weak spark/sparks moves.

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    That's the cams checked in relation to fireing and rotor arm , well it still won't run, the last part of vid is slowed down hence it sounds strange, now some sparks do look week and sparadick to me, but I'm quite off my trolley jack at the moment,
    https://youtu.be/VMgeZ5owRhw

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    I'm not with mini at moment coz had to gig away overnight,
    I took the advice and got seized rocker box off, it was the best thing I've done, it gave me exsact location of no 1 cylinder fire/spark position! I find it was not where it should be! That didn't cause me to much consern as all 4 work the same, now tecknickly speech if you put No1 at no 1 lead and the rest thereafter it should fire all 4 in the correct way, even without carbs a bit of inflammable spray should make a happy fireing sound! But not for long, but I do recognise if that sound is hopeful, but it's not,!! So where dose that leave me? The only place it leaves me is to suspect the dizzy, only because the engine had run well but only for about 7 seconds, but that's enough , if it hadn't ran I would be suspicious of its cam timeline, thank fook that I did hear it fire! So not knowing what the dizzy peg to cam looks like I was convinced it was that, well I would wouldn't I , but it's not that so that's off the list and know I have learnt about that aspect of the 20xe, not a bad thing I must say! The petrol is new and it's getting up, the batt is not the best but it turns well enough, I have exstra earth's from coil pack to engine and the coil is sparkling the plugs nicely in my opinion, but I can't read the sparks , I need a different dizzy , why was it sold to me? Did it ever work? These are things that do cross our minds in this situation! Is there a dizzy replacement that bolts on and takes the reading for crank position sencer, I do still have that in place and it's wire with plug?

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Yes I'm trying, but it won't start , I have been inside out and upside down, so many times, I have to qwestion it as I've been hear for so long, it may be the coil pack then, I'm trying I'm trying !!!

Leave a comment:

• InstantCustard
    replied
    I really think your overthinking everything and I truly believe there’s nothing wrong with the dizzy, so please stop cutting it up and taking it apart, put it back as it was.
    You have a spark and the firing order is correct to the pictures I’ve seen dozens of.
    I don’t know where to point you but I would leave the dizzy for a minute as I think your becoming obsessed with finding something wrong with it.

Leave a comment:

• InstantCustard
    replied
    Every picture I have found that shows the firing order shows:
    1 bottom left
    2 top left
    3 bottom right
    4 top right
    As you like at the distributor square on.

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Plot thickens to this, I asked about if that plastic bit in eBay link could be on 180 out? Yes it can be I took it off and theres no keyway or locator that only makes it fit 1 way, .
    I'm thinking that if I put it on the other way it will line up with where 1 should be, near the top and not the bottom where it is now, but I'm Shure I would have corrected that on my many combinations of leads,

Leave a comment:

• NudgerSS
    replied
    Originally posted by InstantCustard View Post
    See my above post John, he has what I’ve researched to be a Cavalier 1.6 8v dizzy

Sorry Dan I thought you were pointing out what he needed, not what he'd got.

The plot thickens....

Leave a comment:

• InstantCustard
    replied
    Originally posted by NudgerSS View Post
    If yours is the c20xe dizzy Shaun then you're flogging a dead horse mate. It's just a dumb dizzy to send a spark and nothing to tell it when.

See my above post John, he has what I’ve researched to be a Cavalier 1.6 8v dizzy

Leave a comment:

• NudgerSS
    replied
    If yours is the c20xe dizzy Shaun then you're flogging a dead horse mate. It's just a dumb dizzy to send a spark and nothing to tell it when.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X