Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andy86
    replied
    I ran zx carbs on my c20xe and they were pretty good and reliable I did have one that the float stuck open but stopped down and cleaned and were fine again . I jetted them to 1.8mm and they were pretty much spot on on the rolling road for fueling.

Leave a comment:

• NudgerSS
    replied
    I'd suggest getting a bead welded around the top too to keep them in situ.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• MattG
    replied
    ideally you want them sqaure to the TB's , bloody silicon hoses will try and wriggle off .. give it a go mate , tiger seal is your friend

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    got hacksaw out and by eye did the cuts ,lol

got them lined up
    well i convinced myself lol, weld next

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Originally posted by MattG View Post
    you should have stuck with injection
    yes true in a wonk way , im diturend to make every mistake so in the end i will know the answers ,lol

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Originally posted by NudgerSS View Post
    There can be a bit of confusion with Keihin and Mikuni carbs Shaun so make sure you're reading up about the right ones.

reading lol, yes its a bolox hornets nest lol,

Leave a comment:

• MattG
    replied
    you should have stuck with injection

Leave a comment:

• NudgerSS
    replied
    There can be a bit of confusion with Keihin and Mikuni carbs Shaun so make sure you're reading up about the right ones.

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris16v View Post
    Maybe see if this chap can give you any pointers?

https://danstengineering.co.uk/index...path=59_82_201
    thanks chris, i got the manny in order now, well i have the visson,lol
    i will know later, stuck on carb jeting now, well not stuck but after a method ,
    im allredy following up the last owners mistakes so do want to make any more,
    i found a vid that claimed to be zx1100 carbs but they wernt the same as these, and im getting plenty or r1 stuff but i have a confuseing cross referance,
    ect ect, thers folk drilling out jets with bullox knows what size drill to end up with 1,6 some are claiming 1,8 lol and no mention of the lift pin, its beond me to think they can drill a hole bigger then leve a small pin in it, new to me but lerning lol, im not after top power so will see
    Last edited by ardonfast; 17-10-2017, 10:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chris16v
    replied
    Maybe see if this chap can give you any pointers?

https://danstengineering.co.uk/index...path=59_82_201

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    cherze johnbob. sounds rite somehow, i wanderd if ther was a vid showing stepper by stepper lol, ther seems to be many possable mistakes to be made hear if i start killerdrillering,
    like i have the tapperd lift needle and dont think i can just drill without a new needle to fit said oforice,

Leave a comment:

• NudgerSS
    replied
    Well on the Fords running 2.0 Zetec and R1 carbs they recommend a 1.6mm main jet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied

sostriped down, jet missing is no problem dispite chap said the ran fine lol,
    so next is to check the jetting ect, now i have serched youtube ect for knollage on zx 1100 to redtop 20xe spec, i cant find the knollage i need, everything butt!!
    any links to youtube would be grate if anyone has been there before?

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    get to know your carbs my teacher said

ran perfect he said,, i think a jet is missing lol
    Last edited by ardonfast; 16-10-2017, 04:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ardonfast
    replied
    Originally posted by NudgerSS View Post
    Just wondered about the carbs as the general idea is the manifold keeps the carbs at their normal spacing rather than having to split them and mess about with the linkages.

yes thats the way ahead johnboy,, was a way not to re chop the manny but as you say,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X