Burnard's 998- 1600 8v build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking good very welcome

Did you get any track time or was it just a social visit?

How's the heat escaping shenanigans going ons with the vent working out? Useful or just cosmetic only?
    My mini has got nothing to prove so nothing to lose

Comment

• Looking great, loving the wheels

Comment

• was just a social visit.

The vent works well, not seen the temps much higher than 80 since its been fitted

Thinking about fitting an oil cooler, partly for looks and partly to help cool the engine a little bit aswell.
        Originally posted by InstantCustard
        If the price is right and you stick to your word, I'd give you a go!

Comment

• Not sure what your oil temps run at, mine at 70 on the motorway will sit at 182F (83C) hour after hour, if I sit at three figures solid it'll hit 223F (106C) after about 30mins, thats when I back off as I'm not sure at that point...

Oil cooler might help me but I don't have a choice as I have no room left, but you have so take advantage of it

Comment

• Page 69. . . hehehehehe
            Past; 1992 Rover Mini Spite 1275, 1996 Vauxhall Corsa C20XE.
            Present; 1994 Suzuki Swift GTI, 1996 Vauxhall Corsa C20XE.
            I only bow under braking.

Comment

• the photographers you kaison, good pic son!!yum yum
              "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tb261HwQNDQ
              SAY WHAT YOU BELEVE,,BELEVE WHAT YOU LIKE,
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk

Comment

• Originally posted by Kam View Post
                Not sure what your oil temps run at, mine at 70 on the motorway will sit at 182F (83C) hour after hour, if I sit at three figures solid it'll hit 223F (106C) after about 30mins, thats when I back off as I'm not sure at that point...

Oil cooler might help me but I don't have a choice as I have no room left, but you have so take advantage of it
                Well i have two reasons behind it...

1. To help keep the engine cool.
                2. To help hide the exhaust... lol

Comment

• passed the MOT yesterday with no issues, other than its running realllllly lean...

Last edited by Burnard; 21-10-2012, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• :I'm still running fuel injection rather than bike carbs - passed at 195ppm.

WIth the a series it was a struggle to even get down to 1200ppm - I could hardly believe the 195 reading.

Anyway - good job. Have you had it on the rollers?

Since the kid was born at 25weeks nearly 2 years ago I haven't been out in the car much, not at all this year. Went out and started it a few weeks ago and the footwell was soaking in brake fluid.
                    Turns out the clutch master cylinder has leaked all the fluid out the bottom seal.
                    I replaced the seal 2 years ago, but I think I'll just buy a complete plastic master cylinder replacement.

Comment

• None of the pics seem to load?

Comment

• So far as i am aware they are all still working. Could be something to do with the computer you are useing?

Comment

• All fine here, no issues

Comment

• " all fine here, no issues "
                            "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tb261HwQNDQ
                            SAY WHAT YOU BELEVE,,BELEVE WHAT YOU LIKE,
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk

Comment

• Hey Burnard

You asked about how to calculate your CR... There's a website on how to do it here:-

http://www.csgnetwork.com/compcalc.html

With regards to manifolds etc.. Courtenay still have them in stock as they used to offer this very conversion - they are about 250 iirc

Best of luck, I'm very keen to see how you get on fella.

Comment

• My emissions are a visual test only as its a 1973 car :P lol

Comment

Working...
                                X