No announcement yet.

Burnard's 998- 1600 8v build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sounds like your going the right way about things... but i can definatly say that welding bulkhead holes up, dressing them, then painting them takes alot longer than you may think... tonnes of fiddly little patches to make...

keep up the good work tho!

Comment

• I count about 3. lol.

Can do the rest with a lump of copper and the welder.
      Originally posted by InstantCustard
      If the price is right and you stick to your word, I'd give you a go!

Comment

• ah right lol... ive have to do about 8 or so so far... haha

Comment

• lol fair enough, they are all different afterall haha.

Comment

• Pretty tight for the gear linkage, but it fits!!!

Fits, but its tight, will have to have another look at in once its in the car

Comment

• Looking good! Looking forward to seeing how that cable linkage works out!!
              Originally posted by Burnard
              couldnt be bothered to stretch that far to pull it out.
              Originally posted by ardonfast
              Haz obviously don't like custard , my Mrs spits it out to!
              I love it

Comment

• Nice work on the manifold burny, looks like you've got loadsa room in there, is that pallet its new home now........

If the car is sorn then theres no rush but you should be able to get the a-series stored somewhere and get the subframe out and start work on the frame

Thats unless your moving the car around in the garage all the time?
                Last edited by Kam; 06-11-2011, 05:39 PM.
                My mini has got nothing to prove so nothing to lose

Comment

• Its not that great, that'll do engineering at its best I know its water tight, so im happy... lol. Its gonna be wrapped anyway so you wont see it.

The car is going on the pallet once the A series is out.
                  The vaux lump will go back on its wheelie stand once ive done all the mock up i want to, its just nice to be able to walk round the whole thing and see whats what, to get a decent idea for clearances etc.

Car is sorn'd so nothing to worry about... although my insurance company might need to call the insurance company to make sure they dont renew it lol.

Comment

• I think wilp99 is after an a series lump, the whole lot complete in a frame so if you need room and don't want the A then let him know

Comment

• planning on keeping it tbh. its a good lump. might put it in another mini depending on what that has in it when i get it.

Comment

• Not sure if I've asked you this before as I can't be arrised to look back but where did you get that front with A panels on? Mine is an old motorsport one so not the greatest of mouldings.

Cheers - John
                        Originally posted by apbellamy
                        I've got 3 long studs in my hand.

Comment

• Not sure if you did or not, but its from arc angels.

It aint great though, needed a fair amount of work, and it aint straight

Comment

• thats looking good there mate, did you solve the rear engine mount problem after?
                            Black Mini 30 which is now having a 1600 8v engine in after much deliberation, headaches, alcohol and sitting on a crate just looking at the empty subframe !!!

Comment

• Not solved yet, but ive got a pretty good idea how to do it. Should be able to explain properly saturday night, when ive got half the parts

Comment

• Burny, I know this is hardly a build related issue but seeing as your on here, I just got an email from you and it looked like it had more spam in it than tescos!

Time to change your hotmail buddy

Comment

Working...
                                X