Birdman's Back To Front XE Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by k20/k24 allmotor View Post
    Great started point mate. And with your mph u should see low 14... But like u said once you great a better 60ft ...

One thing I really think is all mini problem that have motor swaps is the tires not being wide eight,
    . That 175 tire suck ass. I'm looking in to running 205 tire but on some 10"rims just to see if it get more bite street and track.
    What was your tire size. ??
    185 55 13s. Going to get some Avon ZZRs I think. At this Retro Event you needed to be on road tyres. If on slicks not included in the competition I believe. Yeah got to get the 60ft down - it was bad. Not hard to tell as I was spinning in 1st and 2nd ridiculously. TBH this time is probably spot on as my car weighs 742 KGs if I remember correctly + me. All I know is that the mid range between 40 and 95 mph is bonkers if you go for it.
    Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
    (use Irish accent)

Comment

• Did u try just to run out in second gear. ? I'm sure you know what u doing so don't take it in a wrong way.
      at Pod' ran 11.2 @ 122mph allmotor 1.5 60ft at pod. now building a mini

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzbJtb_VZ9c

Comment

• First 3 runs launched in 1st. Last run was 2nd gear launch. Clutch took it OK, but car kept spinning after initial engine bog down. Just down to shist tyres, and a driver that needs to improve reaction time and launch technique.

I'll get some better tyres and practice at a RWYB day and see what happens, then add the Nos on my controller to give say 50hp increase from 1/8th onwards, where the car can grip and is really hauling along.
        Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
        (use Irish accent)

Comment

• OK have moved and have had to squeeze a double garage into a shed. Worked out OK. Have won a big single garage 5.2m x 3.2m for £0.00 ( my favourite price) so it will be concrete slab time in the next 4 weeks.

In the meantime I have been using the car for allsorts including moving and that was not so easy. So far I need to replace the bonnet strap as it snapped! Still need a new starter when I can source a cheap enough one. I need to raise the rear again, do an oil and filter change, fit new steering rack and redo alignment, tax it and install and set up the Nitrous.

Slicks being collected on Thursday and hopefully some rims acquired soon. In short its all go at the mo.....
          Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
          (use Irish accent)

Comment

• I look forward to the garage build thread!

Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by benji View Post
              I look forward to the garage build thread!

Ben
              It's just a sectional concrete garage and I'm not looking forward to all the work. Just been to see it and it is pretty big. Plenty of room for a mini. You could probably get 2 in there.
              Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
              (use Irish accent)

Comment

• Mini has been proving itself as more than a daily lately. Have moved house in it, picked up building materials and is going in and out of London a fair bit. She will have some attention soon before MITP.

In between she keeps getting into burn ups with some v expensive cars, which mainly the Mini wins. In short, living with a highly modified classic mini on a daily is entirely possible.

Still going to get another motor though for lugging things around, so probably 7 seats and tow bar. Me thinks a diesel Zafira is calling.
                Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
                (use Irish accent)

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdman View Post
                  Still going to get another motor though for lugging things around, so probably 7 seats and tow bar. Me thinks a diesel Zafira is calling.
                  maybe Zavifa VXR?

Comment

• Don't buy a vauxhall. It will break down a lot.
                    A closed mouth gathers no foot.
                    Originally posted by ardonfast
                    seat mounting should not be taken lightly, nor should a rat trying to get up your trouser leg doing 50,m,p,h, all of a suden your nUts become more important,

Comment

• Vauxhalls aren't that bad, I've had an 08 astra h 1.9 cdti 150 from a year old and it's been mapped from a couple of days after I bought it and apart from the dmf deciding it couldn't be bothered to play anymore I've had no trouble with it at all.
                      Only bad point about them is the money you lose on them, think they are the fastest depreciating make of car you can buy

Comment

• My mate has an insignia company car, not that many miles. It's always in the dealers. Is there at the moment waiting for a boost hose - might be here in September... His replacement rental insignia cooked itself on the way to the ferry had to be towed back home from france. I'm currently driving an 8 month old one; so many daft little things that are poorly designed - fit an electric handbrake, but don't redesign the centre console lid, so I have to drive with my elbow in a cup holder.
                        seat mounting should not be taken lightly, nor should a rat trying to get up your trouser leg doing 50,m,p,h, all of a suden your nUts become more important,

Comment

• I agree that the insignia is a bit shit, I'm laughing away here at your elbow in the cup holder.
                          I think I've probably been lucky with mine, still won't be buying another vauxhall though but not sure what I'll get next, every car has ridiculous faults these days no matter what you buy

Comment

• They are built to do 3 years and 60k miles, no more. Mine is an SRi so has the extendy bit on the drivers seat squab. Which is great for comfort. Shame there's a big metal bar across the seat which hits you in the arse every time you get in. It can't be that hard to think through your design and it's practical limitations...

Comment

• Get a horse!

Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Muffyvaux View Post
                                Get a horse!

Ben
                                That won't seat 7 and tow a mini + they smell a lot
                                Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
                                (use Irish accent)

Comment

Working...
                                X