X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northwalesmini
    • Apr 2008

metro 1.4 spi into roundnose

hi this is my first build. i havnt even passed my test yet.
    bought the car last year 1990 mayfair auto. stripped to bare shell. still have auto subframe. the metro engine came wiv subframe brakes n all that. which frame do u think is best to use. dont worry about the welding n fabrication. i do this in my job anyway. any help would be very grateful
  • pengy666
    • May 2004

To be honest, Its a massive subject and you have to do the "finger work"

I not trying to annoy you or be nasty but you have gotta use the search function and scoure the K series section,

Start here

FAQ 1

FAQ 2

Then when you found out what you need to know then come back with a definate question, as it is you are asking "what is the meaning of life the universe and everything? And its 42 if you wondered! (dont worry just showing my age there!)

Good luck mate!
    "What do you do for recreation?"
    "Oh, you know, the usual. Bowl, drive around, the occasional acid flashback." :kseries:

Comment

• charlie_t
      • Feb 2008

i think he was asking which to use, the metro or the mini subframes. i would say it depends if you want to leave standard mini suspension or make more work and use the metro one?
      You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter

Comment

• FatKev
        • Jan 2004

Who has managed to use a Metro\R100 subframe modified to fit a standard length roundnose Mini? Thats more of a question rather than a statement as I don't honestly know if someone has or hasn't. The SPi in a standard length roundnose is possible though.

northwalesmini - you need to deicde just how much you like the Mini suspension and if you want to bother cramming it, the K series, in a standard length roundnose. These sorts of things will help you decide what route to go.
        Apparantly I am a part of the "SEARCH POLICE"... helps if the noob knew how to search wouldn't it?

Comment

• pengy666
          • May 2004

I know what he was asking, I was just offering advice on the best way to use the forum to his advantage, I appreciate he is a new member and is keen like we all are to build a project, But everyone asks the same question as soon as they join, Thats why Mr.Geehawk kindly put together the FAQ page, It makes it easier for new and old members.

I just pointed him into the right direction. Sort of start as you mean to go.

"What do you do for recreation?"
          "Oh, you know, the usual. Bowl, drive around, the occasional acid flashback." :kseries:

Comment

• matt
            • Jan 2008

I have fitted a metro frame in standard lenght front but was alot of cutting i also narrowed the frame. http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11891
            just follow link or go in rover builds and its (1.8vvc in roundnose)
            13.5 @ 101mph standard VVC engine
            Rover no show and all go!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X