No announcement yet.

Mk4 vvc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this because you moved the heelboard back for gearbox clearance?

Comment

• Yeah correct, i've lost 4cm in total so had to make up for that in some way..

Comment

• So made two brackets for the brakeline, one for each side

Refitted the engine and remade the bracket for the alternator because it didn’t fit in the front.

Started fitting the exhaust manifold, cut off the collector and refitted it. The plan is to fit the four in to two and right after that a two into one. Probably with some kind of v band clamp.

Comment

• Had some sparetime so welded up the manifold and made the first part of the exhaust. It’s fitted to the manifold with a v band clamp, which fits in pretty good.

Comment

• Finished all the welds on the manifold, looks decent enough, couldn't bother to grind down the welds on the backside. Might do that when I feel like it

The v band clamp is for a 2"(or 51mm) pipe, so might make it 51mm all the way to the back
            Last edited by Dobey; 16-08-2021, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• Had a bit of spare time this weekend, not as much as I would have hoped. So been working on a plate for the oil filter as it won’t fit inside the frame. Idea is to relocate it to the heelboard. Anyways, it’s still work in progress. Welded on an AN fitting., still have to machine a piece of steel for the other side and a mount with same plate and fittings needed to be fit onto the oil filter housing

And this is how it would fit in the car

Comment

• Made the plate with fittings for the oil filter side. Thinking of fitting above the upper shock mount. Obviously it will need some kind of protection plate for rock and what not.

Let me know what you guys think of that idea

Comment

• I would try and mount the oil filter as low as possible, I’ve seen a few engines die from oil starvation problems with them mounter high up - I think they can get air locks as they become the highest point in the system
                  my build: http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4887
                  https://youtu.be/X7O46JmFPh0

Comment

• Hmm good point, didn’t thought of that right away. The problem is, there isn’t much space in the lower regions. Perhaps somewhere on the gearbox? Will check and post some pics

Comment

• Originally posted by gazwad View Post
                      I would try and mount the oil filter as low as possible, I’ve seen a few engines die from oil starvation problems with them mounter high up - I think they can get air locks as they become the highest point in the system

So after trying a hundred different spots i figured that next to the alternator might be the best spot. It’s closed to the original location. All other places are to high or to narrow.

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Looks good there, easy enough to make a shield for it as well
                        my build: http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4887
                        https://youtu.be/X7O46JmFPh0

Comment

• Yeah that’s what i thought too. Only downside is changing the oil filter. It will be messy for sure

Comment

• So the oilfilter is fitted in it’s final location

It just clears the blinker

Made the first line, had to order some straight AN fittings for the other one.

Still have to make a shield to cover it from the exhaust heat.

Comment

• So made a shield to cover the oil line from the exhaust manifold

And one to cover the oil filter from getting hit by stuff.

Comment

• Good move and neatly done..
                                Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
                                (use Irish accent)

Comment

Working...
                                X