Meight K Series VVC round nose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meight K Series VVC round nose

Hi all, was originally planning on a Honda swap but the K Series seems a better idea as its Rover so sort of mini haha.

Was stuck in NZ after working there, got back and finished converted the mini van to turbo, second engine and spec, just waiting for lockdown to end so it can be set up properly:
    Untitled by Bryn Kinsman, on Flickr

This is Meight well how he was before I stripped him:
    He now sits like this, gonna make up a jig an do some bracing then gonna replace the whole floor and do some other repairs, take the front end off, waiting for a carbon fibre one to be delivered:

Got a MG ZR K series VVC, Kmaps ecu with a Allspeed subframe:
    by Bryn Kinsman, on Flickr
    Hoping to make this into a road legal track day car

Nice, looking forward to following this one. I wish I replaced the whole floor on mine instead of doing it in two halves, would have been much easier and neater

Comment

Originally posted by geachy87 View Post
      Nice, looking forward to following this one. I wish I replaced the whole floor on mine instead of doing it in two halves, would have been much easier and neater
      Thanks, yeah I started of just replacing the front of the floor, then got told it would just be easier and less time consuming to do the whole floor. The worse bit about this is i've got to wait for the lockdown to end before i can go and pick up the floor and cage from mini spares as they quoted £140 for delivery which is ridiculous haha. Also the car is at a different unit which i rent so cant even go there to start work on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BronkoMini View Post

Thanks, yeah I started of just replacing the front of the floor, then got told it would just be easier and less time consuming to do the whole floor. The worse bit about this is i've got to wait for the lockdown to end before i can go and pick up the floor and cage from mini spares as they quoted £140 for delivery which is ridiculous haha. Also the car is at a different unit which i rent so cant even go there to start work on it.
        £140 for delivery is crazy😂 My car is at my work which we’ve had to close. I still go down every day to work on it, I just lock the gate and keep the door down so nobody can come in

Comment

Originally posted by geachy87 View Post

£140 for delivery is crazy😂 My car is at my work which we’ve had to close. I still go down every day to work on it, I just lock the gate and keep the door down so nobody can come in
          Yeah it’s crazy expensive I’d rather drive 2 hours each way than pay that. Ah that’s lucky wish I could do that haha. At least the engine and that are at home so I can have a little look at what needs doing to that.

Comment

How do people lift their engine and sub frame, using straps/ chains, and where to mount them etc? Took me longer to lift the this lot onto the pallet than it did to put some wheels on and screw some wood on, its only temporary so i can move it round for now, but gonna make up a proper trolley so will need to lift it off again, so wondering what is the best way.

Comment

Hope this helps.

No reason why you cannot strap around the subframe though.
              If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

Comment

Thanks for that. the main thing i was worried about was breaking the plastic in the engine or any ancillaries etc, looks like what you did looks alight, need to get myself a rope then haha, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BronkoMini View Post
                  Thanks for that. the main thing i was worried about was breaking the plastic in the engine or any ancillaries etc, looks like what you did looks alight, need to get myself a rope then haha, thanks!
                  I watch loads of scrap yards use old seat belts if you want to keep costs down. 🤔
                  If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

Comment

Originally posted by AGoaty View Post

I watch loads of scrap yards use old seat belts if you want to keep costs down. 🤔
                    That might be a good idea, saves damaging a new rope, thank you

Comment

Little update.
                      Recycled my old bed frame and made the rough frame to transport the sub frame and gearbox around. just waiting for the wheels:
                      Got the first layer of carbon down on the main dash mould, not the best in the corners but as long as it does the job i'm not too fussed on looks, still need to made up a mould for the digi dash to fit on, need to get a digi dash first, any recommendations?
                      Also got some metal supplied to make up my roll over jig and some bracing so i can change the floor, also got some tube to make up some sill stands, great service from Booth and Son:

Comment

The allspeed frame is a neat package, good to see another conversion going ahead 👍

Are booth and son local to you? They did the blasting on my pickup

Comment

Originally posted by will16 View Post
                          The allspeed frame is a neat package, good to see another conversion going ahead 👍

Are booth and son local to you? They did the blasting on my pickup
                          Yeah it’s very neat! Umm you could say they’re local yes haha, it’s very easy to pop and get stuff from them 15 mins or so
                          Last edited by BronkoMini; 15-04-2020, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Not done much today, finished laying up the carbon for the dash, got to wait a 30 hours before atempting to remove it from the mould, also finished fitting the KAD quick shifter and took it down a farmers drive, just want to give it some beans haha:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ougSmXpeljc

Comment

So got the dash out the mould today, managed to chip some gel coat off but never mind, happy with it for a first attempt:
                              Also basically finished the trolley just needs the wood attaching, not sure if its gonna be high enough but guess i.ll find out:

Comment

Working...
                              X