No announcement yet.

The Yello One - Rally Car Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite as I said in the previous post that my welding is not fantastic, I was happy enough to build the steel removable front end. For those wondering why we have not gone fibreglass....ask Motorsport UK....who say you can not use a fibreglass front panel for rallying!!

First time I have welded panels together, so not 100% and next time I would be better, hopefully I don't bend it too often though! I also rattle can sprayed it...

I built it using the old A series subframe as a guide as it gave me something to attach the front panel to. This necessitated removing the engine and Allspeed frame again, but I don't think I would have ever got it right trying to fit round the Allspeed straight off.

When I eventually got the allspeed frame back in it took a lot of fettling to get the front end to fit again. I used post 1976 heritage panels for rubber mounted subframe and found that I had to do a lot of cutting, bending and re-welding around the front mount to enable the front to go back far enough. It also required (as Allspeed say) a new hole drilling in the front panel to line up with the hole in the subframe. Maybe pre '76 panels may have been easier?

20200301_124434.jpg

And with new lights and grill fitted!

20200427_210235.jpg

​​​​​​​
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X