Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Scorpion, RWD, mid engined, K turbo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good for you Andrew. Clean break from the bits causing you grief and keep the heart of the project. Any plans on what to put it in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Yellow View Post
      Good for you Andrew. Clean break from the bits causing you grief and keep the heart of the project. Any plans on what to put it in?
      Sorry for the confusion but it's going. I have bought a MG ZS180 and need the space.

Everything but the engine and box will be sold.
      If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

Comment

• From a quick glance at the first post, I’ll take the carbon door cards if they’re going? Shame to see such a cool project split, glwts!

Comment

• How much more rust / welding on shell required? What is the price for Shell with front subby rolling?
          Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
          (use Irish accent)

Comment

• I was planning to remove the engine and gearbox and put the rolling shell for sale soon.

Silly busy at the moment so it could be a month before this happens!

I wanted £3000 for the car with all the bits.

I have sorted some wheels for it so the ones on currently won't be included (or bought separately). The car has MG F, 240 brakes at the front which are included but the rears are upgraded so was planning to remove them too.

Both subframes and suspension setup will be included.

Welding wise, both sills need doing as does the A pillar on passenger side. The piece at the top of the inner wing under the scuttle panel too. Awkward to get to hence why it was a high priced quote and convinced me to stop the project.

Price is going to be around £1500.

It's a genuine Rover Mini Cooper V5 with correct tags in my name.
            Last edited by AGoaty; 01-02-2021, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haz View Post
              From a quick glance at the first post, I’ll take the carbon door cards if they’re going? Shame to see such a cool project split, glwts!
              Yes I still have the carbon door cars. I will send a photo of them so you can see the condition now.

I know it was an ambitious project but time is the real issue. I just don't have it!

Having to pay for jobs to get done not only goes against my ethics of getting it sorted but also costs a fortune.

Comment

• For those on here that don't know, my son Kyle had a fatal car accident. This was just going home from work. He didn't get there. He didn't even get to hospital.

This means my son's love for modified cars has meant we now have not only my huge pile of spares but now his spares too including his Rover 45 project. I need to move Scorpion now as a matter of urgency to allow space to build Kyle's car as a tribute to him.

It's selling no matter what it gets.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194325449467

Comment

• Andrew, We've never met, but I do not have the words, I cannot imagine how you feel/felt, but my sympathises/condolences are with you, Alan..

Comment

• Originally posted by Phaeton View Post
                    Andrew, We've never met, but I do not have the words, I cannot imagine how you feel/felt, but my sympathises/condolences are with you, Alan..
                    Thank you Alan. It's been an awful last few weeks. His funeral was 2 weeks ago and we have the job of selling his house etc. Something has to give so selling stuff just to keep Kyle's things is all we can do.

There are no words to sort this mess out.

Comment

• I’m very sorry for your loss my condolences to you and your family.

Comment

• It is so sad to hear about you son. It's the kind of news every parent dreads getting and my heart goes out to you and your family. Stay strong and get Kyles' car up and running. I'm sure it will be a stunner and something he would have been extremely proud of and I'm sure you will be too. Take care. Bill T.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haz View Post
                          I’m very sorry for your loss my condolences to you and your family.
                          Thank you Haz.

Originally posted by B.Bumble View Post
                          It is so sad to hear about you son. It's the kind of news every parent dreads getting and my heart goes out to you and your family. Stay strong and get Kyles' car up and running. I'm sure it will be a stunner and something he would have been extremely proud of and I'm sure you will be too. Take care. Bill T.
                          We are plodding through this mess. Obviously there has been a emotional few weeks but life has to go on so sorting his stuff out is what we must do.

As for the Rover 45 Kyle's mates actually did the National 3 Peaks challenge and raised over £5000 to get the car finished which we think is amazing.

Comment

• Sorry for your loss, Andrew. Just saw your post and was godsmacked.

Comment

• Andrew, please accept my condolences for you and your family's loss

I lost my brother and my parents lost their son 10 years ago and it was the most difficult thing we went through. I can only offer my sympathy and thoughts as you go through this most difficult time.

It's a lovely tribute to finish Kyle's car in his memory, I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure we'd all love to see your build pictures as you go along if you feel you'd like to have a build diary on here.

All the best

Oz
                              Watsons frame in a standard length front, they said it was impossible ...

Build Thread - standard length round nose B series with Watsons frame, it is possible

Comment

• Sorry for your loss Andrew, condolences to you and your family

Comment

Working...
                                X