Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Scorpion, RWD, mid engined, K turbo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about arches like these? They come in different widths and are made for bigger wheels. Depending on the overall look of your mini and how you position them I think it could look pretty cool

BD458125-5541-45E4-8DB9-3DBBB67CD500.jpeg

E549975E-2721-41FA-89F9-2DDEAB3279C2.jpeg

Comment

• A friend of mine considered something like these! I think on Scorpion cause of bigger wheels they cold look very cool!

Originally posted by geachy87 View Post
      What about arches like these?
      Where did you find these?
      Quickly now, before I think it through!
      https://www.facebook.com/BrutalacGarageProjects

Comment

• I have been watching these for a while.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL...d/352716501749

They fit the requirements quite well.

Ian, the ones you show are narrow at the ends. Ideally I want something that has over 50mm as the tyre will still stick out.

Also interested where they came from though. 🤔
        If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

Comment

• It was just a random set off eBay, they’re all the same. The ones in your link are narrow at the bottom as well, that’s what they are all like, still legal as long as the top of the tyre tread is covered

Comment

• Keep at it Andrew! I think a mini arch stretched to the necessary width might look pretty odd and although legal covering the tread viewed from above, you’ll have muck and water sprayed up the car - so here’s something completely different. I think the radius should be nearer to what you need also

Comment

• Feeling a little flush as had a load of gearboxes to build recently.

Bought Scorpion a little treat.

Comment

• K1.8 Turboed ?
                New subframe fitting has begun - slowly

Build Thread - standard length round nose B series with Rover K series frame, will it all fit ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Oz View Post
                  K1.8 Turboed ?
                  You got it!

Back at work now too. End of Furlough. The slow progress will get slower again.
                  Last edited by AGoaty; 12-05-2020, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Posted last over a month ago. The car is now at my mates who is on Furlough. I've asked him to paint the inside of it. It's stripped out completely now. Removed the rear side windows, door cards etc. It's just getting painted in red Hammerite. You won't see most of it once finished. Hoping to get this back this week. Then can actually start building!

Comment

Working...
                    X