Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oz
    replied
    I've not used one in a Mini conversion but I have one in the lower torque mount on my JCW Countryman and it does cause vibration and noise. When I first fitted it the vibration was awful, it took about a week of daily driving to bed in and the noise and vibration reduce but when it settled it left a buzzy vibration at low revs especially if you accelerate in a high gear from low revs.

Leave a comment:

• twincamtone
    replied
    Has anyone used these power flex inserts or got any views on their effectiveness?

I'm pretty sure I will need some of these. Imagine they must reduce some movement.

Leave a comment:

• Yellow
    replied
    Good shout thanks Andrew. I’ll try this with the engine in situ, so the mounts deform under load and it ‘centres’ at the natural resting angle. I have the original rubber pads that are the softer version of the poly bush items so I’ll try with a combination of the two ideas and see how I go.

Leave a comment:

• AGoaty
    replied
    I cannot see why the poly bush kit won't work but also think it might be a bit harsh. The subframe is solid mounted in the shell. The stock mounts are adequate to stop engine movement. Those poly bushes I have seen people say the vibrations through the car increase massively. Great on a track ZR but not great in this case. Let us know your thoughts if you get them.

My opinion is fit the standard ones. If they aren't too good, fill them with "Stickoflex" first. Seen this done and works well.

Andrew.

Leave a comment:

• Yellow
    replied
    0397B0A8-D6B6-40B2-AEA8-57DDA755A33B.png EF8AEE34-3F61-474F-B07B-7A4D35E6EB3A.jpeg 82E88C9D-5E40-424F-BC5F-E07FBCC4310B.jpeg E5EAF554-C943-4849-8A0E-3E8A3D27B4D7.jpeg

Back on the subframe now. Toe board plates welded in too.

Has anyone used these power flex inserts or got any views on their effectiveness?

Wires sorted too, so if this thing ever moves under its own power will be thanks to Gazwad!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Yellow
    replied
    Fuel pump cleaned up nice. Also pipe arrived to extend pickup. Few hose clamps and some lock wire and it looks like it will work!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Dobey
    replied
    Yeah I like the clubman front due to the extra space, but already replaced the panels couple of years ago so it’s a waste to just dump these now.

Leave a comment:

• Yellow
    replied
    Standard MG ZR which was the donor car I had.

Mods have been to swap to earlier type alternator bracket (original was mounted higher up), slimmed down the mount to get the alternator closer to the block, shorter belt, home made tensioner.

Clubman front so I have a bit more room than yours!

Leave a comment:

• Dobey
    replied
    What kind of alternator did you use?

Leave a comment:

• Yellow
    replied
    Cheers. Should look subtle inside.

Last part of alternator fit up hopefully.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Dobey
    replied
    I like how you made the shifter look like it belongs there.. Rubber boot on it, old leyland shifterknob and it looks mint

Leave a comment:

• Yellow
    replied
    Feels like plenty of strength left in it. 5pk698 belt if anyone considering the same
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Yellow
    replied
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Yellow
    replied
    Thanks Andrew I’ll give that a go.

Leave a comment:

• AGoaty
    replied
    I used the non injection sender in Phoenix. It's simply bent differently to clear the pump in the tank. Rest is identical.

I also bent the float up to get it to read correctly on the Rover gauge. Not sure what gauge you are using so you may not need to do that. It was very accurate once fitted like that.

Andrew.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X