No announcement yet.

Retro Clubman VVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And this is where it all started...... lockdown photo album sort out! This would be around 1999/2000. The blue clubby in the foreground is the one dad did the Watson v-tec conversion on and ended up in MiniWorld and the first Mini Power dvd. Kieran had this in for some work a while back, anyone seen it resurface yet?
    Attached Files

Comment

• That's a great photo.

Comment

• Quite a lot of faffing about on this, happy with it now. It was an auto mini. Kept the plate that held the auto shifter in the exhaust tunnel and turned upside down which pushes it to passenger side away from exhaust and raises it into the car. ZR shifter lifted up into the car with rubber bobbins to minimise vibration coming into the cabin and smaller ones accept small bolts that go down through the original gearstick gaiter and retaining ring. Extended lower section to make quick shift and lower the linkage sufficiently into the tunnel to clear the floor. Looks like good gap to the exhaust. No steady bar, relying on engine not moving much. End result: looks standard inside car except for the gearstick slopes back a little and no alteration to tunnel. Thanks Will for the inspiration on this one!

Comment

• 54181D95-3B7A-41C3-9845-ED07701F2160.jpeg

Couple of fuel tank questions.

1. Has anyone tried using the mg zr pump assembly in a mini injection tank? I like the look of it as it has an integral swirl pot. And it is double filtered. It’s a walbro pump and checking the code it is vvc spec. Would need modifying to sit towards the middle of the tank and also extended pick up to reach bottom of tank. I think the stud pattern looks the same to match the mini tank?

2. Is it worth trying to clean out the inside of a rusty sludgy tank? Bought an spi tank a while back which has been sat in my shed. Having removed the pump it looks worse inside than I’d hoped!

Comment

• B316A3F7-E8F6-4AB3-B8A7-AB67BC9135D0.jpeg 83F9705A-4F5F-464C-A9E6-B9372F8D89F4.jpeg
            zr pump and swirl pot does fit. The stud pattern means it only fits one way and that leaves the pipes pointing the wrong way but easily fixed. Pickup needs extending about 30mm to reach the bottom, and sender needs bending slightly, but it will work. Trying to work out the difference between the injection and pre-injection sender fuel gauge sender unit. Fitting seems to be the same, but the injection one is nearly twice the price.

Comment

Working...
            X