Retro Clubman VVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro Clubman VVC

Hi guys. Still at it slooooooowly. Rad fan advice please? I salvaged the zr fan which fits really neat on the rad but is too deep when in the car. It’s a Hyundai Accent rad so I’ve got about 30cm max width. The depth of the motor isn’t an issue as that sits above the frame leg, it’s the fan blade and surround that’s the problem. Any advice on slimline fans much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Slimline fans are cheap enough.

I used a 10" one on Phoenix all the time I had it without issues.

About £15 on Ebay.
      If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

Comment

• Aye, plenty of branded ones from companies like Spal, Kenlowe, and Pacet but the generic ones on eBay do the job fine.

Obviously having a proper shroud on would make it more efficient, but they seem to do the job without.
        Originally posted by apbellamy
        Fuck me Shaun. That actually made sense.

Comment

• Thanks both. Just remembered I still have the other fan in the spares pile - the zr had a rad fan and a secondary slimmer one for the a/c I think. I’ll give that a try

Comment

• I have the same radiator and have just fitted a Spal 10" slimline fan to the rear. Its very compact and powerful

Comment

• I wouldn't recommend the cheap ones off ebay, i had one that fell to bits the first time it switched on, nearly took the rad with it.
              my build: http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4887
              https://youtu.be/X7O46JmFPh0

Comment

• Looks like I have room for the a/c fan and not even have to cut the headlamp bowl. Next job get some pipes ordered up. Silicone I think with stainless joiners. Then with the pipes routed I can fix the rad mount locations. Anyone used http://www.autosiliconehoses.com or other recommendations welcome?

Comment

• I've used JJC Race & Rally for my hose's, had a couple from ASH and didn't like them so stuck with the JJC ones, there all much of a muchness just some feel to be of a better quality plus they had the size's that I needed. Also i think JJC are a subsiduary company of the demon of tweeks.

Comment

• Thanks all. Gazwad pm coming your way soon re:wiring loom!

Comment

• Coolant pipe time! Measuring up seems 32mm bore size. I kept all the old pipes to remind myself what goes where and that seems to have been a good move. I can see the rectangular box in this shot seems to be a bypass, so when the heater tap is shut (and water not flowing through the heater matrix) the coolant flow continues around the engine. But I don’t understand what the arrowed item is or why it would be needed.

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Yellow View Post
                          Looks like I have room for the a/c fan and not even have to cut the headlamp bowl. Next job get some pipes ordered up. Silicone I think with stainless joiners. Then with the pipes routed I can fix the rad mount locations. Anyone used http://www.autosiliconehoses.com or other recommendations welcome?

I used ASH hoses for my 1.8T golf. Very good stuff.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Comment

• I’ve used ASH in the past and on my current engine, can’t fault the product.
                            I can confirm the coolant hoses are 32mm, only thing I had to do was use 32-25mm reducers as I’m using a Mini rad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Originally posted by Burnard
                            couldnt be bothered to stretch that far to pull it out.
                            Originally posted by ardonfast
                            Haz obviously don't like custard , my Mrs spits it out to!
                            I love it

Comment

• Originally posted by Yellow View Post

Is it some sort of one way valve?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by niannorth View Post
                                Is it some sort of one way valve?

I think you may be right. It’s not in any of the coolant pipe diagrams I can find online but this would make sense. Think I’ll keep it. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X