Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh that sucks for sure

Comment

• New turbo core on and got the heater fitted as well.
      I took it a run and it made nearly 5psi more than the old turbo on the same settings on the boost controller, so the old turbo was obviously no use when I fitted it. I’ve turned it down now to around 11psi. It must come on boost sooner and hold it better because it feels much faster.
      I took it out to the runway a run last night, it went well. Here’s a run from around 10ish mph in 4th gear.

https://youtu.be/zp4-f6Ao1WU

I don’t seem to be able to embed the video on my phone🤷🏻‍♂️

Comment

• Sounds brutal!
        my build: http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4887
        https://youtu.be/X7O46JmFPh0

Comment

• Lol. You could of just put the sound on for that video!

Suggest a daylight one. 😀

I am surprised it pulls from 10mph to be fair. When I watched the video without reading the text I thought, wow that's a long gear ratio!!!
          If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

Comment

• Originally posted by AGoaty View Post
            Lol. You could of just put the sound on for that video!

Suggest a daylight one. 😀

I am surprised it pulls from 10mph to be fair. When I watched the video without reading the text I thought, wow that's a long gear ratio!!!
            Haha, aye it’s not the best video tbh but someone asked a while back on here when they were going to get to hear how loud it is and that’s the first video I’ve got from outside the car.
            I’ll get a better one in the daylight.
            Need to get a GoPro to film it on a drive as well

Comment

• First time it’s been sunny when I’ve had the mini out so thought I’d take a photo.

0C06F3DF-249B-4948-889A-25141F7FF0C1.jpeg

I took it to pick my son up yesterday, about 120mile round trip which is the first long trip it’s been on since I moved the thermostat etc. Temperature behaved perfectly👌🏼

Comment

• Wow! Sounds great!

Comment

• That video makes me want to turbo mine, sounds so good!

Comment

• Haven’t been on here much lately, but I’ve been out enjoying the car

73C6B76B-1B8B-4298-9413-0C6C0C01CE50.jpeg
                    D55D9759-AE09-4570-8FBA-EBE59885EBF8.jpeg

D7488ED1-DE0C-4FF2-BA6F-90BFE6F088EF.jpeg

It’s been going well with pretty much no issues lately, covered almost 4k miles in it so far. Done a few 280mile round trips to Glasgow and it’s not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be on long journeys

Comment

• Well done.

We did the NC500 and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.
                      If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

Comment

• Waiting for those days myself...as it appears I have to finish it first duh
                        Mini looks awesome btw
                        Quickly now, before I think it through!
                        https://www.facebook.com/BrutalacGarageProjects

Comment

• Fitted the freelander flywheel and 220 turbo clutch today

764F797E-752E-4C25-8B4E-5FC8BBC185D6.jpeg

Had to remake my clutch pedal after I fitted this, didn’t have enough travel to release the clutch so couldn’t get any gears with the engine running.
                          I have been wanting to alter the pedal anyway as I modified my pedal as per the diagram on here that most people follow and found it didn’t give a straight pull on the cable. It pulled it out and down so it started wearing away the sleeve on the inner cable and cutting into the aluminium end of the outer cable, so it would have probably given up at some point.
                          I didn’t get any photos of this as I wasn’t in the mood after a lot of trial and error finding the right angles etc to get it all working.
                          It pulls the cable straight now and the pedal feels much better 👌🏼

Comment

Working...
                          X