Clear All

• Went down and got the door fitted properly and the windows in today

4BD06E5B-3191-4939-9B81-08908DF73C34.jpeg

FB7191C9-3189-42AD-9355-7DFD62CD841C.jpeg

Comment

• Got the stripes fitted today, slightly squint but they’re on

8615DC0E-93C0-46AB-A21C-F2529F244876.jpeg

Comment

• Looking good my friend. At least yours is moving forward! Stripes and badges are usually the last finishing touches so it must be close...

Dunno if this is good or bad but cannot get to mine. Time is the issue with gearbox sales are going mad!
        If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

Comment

• Originally posted by AGoaty View Post
          Looking good my friend. At least yours is moving forward! Stripes and badges are usually the last finishing touches so it must be close...

Dunno if this is good or bad but cannot get to mine. Time is the issue with gearbox sales are going mad!
          Thanks mate. It’s not far away now, just need to get the front end painted and order harnesses and a few other little bits for it.

That’s good that you’re doing well with the gearbox sales, shame you don’t have time to work on the mini. I’m interested to see yours finished, it should go well with the extra traction with the engine in the back

Comment

• I’ve been a bit lazy on this recently, but I got the front wheels painted and tyres on. Just got the rear to do next

665662C6-170B-4D09-A2DE-656336AE4CB9.jpeg

Comment

• Sprayed the epoxy primer on the front end and bonnet tonight. I’ll go down tomorrow and get the high build on it

72B4EE76-71F7-461B-921D-87CCAA2E4BD0.jpeg

Comment

• Nice one... keeping plugging away..
                Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
                (use Irish accent)

Comment

• Managed to get the high build on yesterday and I’ve got stone chip on the inside today

6DD0EC6E-5057-41DA-BB40-BF0E36DDD277.jpeg

8C68A7D6-E9FE-471E-BD55-7FEC9AE5BAD4.jpeg

I need to flat it down next and get it in for paint.
                  Hopefully get it to a stage where I can put the trade plates on it and take it a run in the next week or two

Comment

• Nice work. Are you painting over the stonechip or leaving it black? I'm trying to decide how to sort mine out. Preferably I'd like to do it in tintable Raptor but Watsons slapped a thick layer of bitumen on my bulkhead and arches and it looks a nightmare to get off so I can paint it
                    New subframe fitting has begun - slowly

Build Thread - standard length round nose B series with Rover K series frame, will it all fit ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Oz View Post
                      Nice work. Are you painting over the stonechip or leaving it black? I'm trying to decide how to sort mine out. Preferably I'd like to do it in tintable Raptor but Watsons slapped a thick layer of bitumen on my bulkhead and arches and it looks a nightmare to get off so I can paint it
                      Im just going to leave it black. If the car wasn’t white I’d probably do it body colour but it would just end up a mess after being driven for a while if it was white. I did the inside with tintable raptor in white and I’m regretting it, it’s full of dirty footprints already. I think if the underside of the car looks bad with dirty stains etc after a while then it’ll probably be getting rubbed back and done in black instead

Comment

• I made up a heat shield to go between the cat and radiator out of 1mm aluminium. It looks like just a flat sheet in the photo but it’s folded down between the cat and gearbox and the right hand side of the subframe to stop the heat from going around it. Hopefully that and the heat wrap should stop the radiator from heating up too much when the car is stationary

D38244AB-AB15-4957-990E-0E369B37141D.jpeg

I have more aluminium so I’m going to try and make a heat shield for the manifold to stop it heating the intercooler

Comment

• Love your progress! Wish I could do it on mine...
                          Quickly now, before I think it through!
                          https://www.facebook.com/BrutalacGarageProjects

Comment

• Been busy all day getting the front end built up and fitted so I could take the car a run. It’s not stopped raining all day though, so it’ll need to wait until tomorrow

ECD964C8-EDD3-4833-9FF6-707A6AB44E44.jpeg

Only a few small things left to do then it’s time for the mot

Comment

• First drive wasn’t much of a success as the road was still damp and it spun in every gear on wastegate pressure 🙈 Went back out in it again there and the road was dry. It took 8psi quite well with minimal wheel spin from 4th onwards. It’s pretty quick 👌🏼

Probably need to fit an lsd to it, but I’m happy enough for now

Comment

• Originally posted by geachy87 View Post
                                First drive wasn’t much of a success as the road was still damp and it spun in every gear on wastegate pressure 🙈 Went back out in it again there and the road was dry. It took 8psi quite well with minimal wheel spin from 4th onwards. It’s pretty quick 👌🏼

Probably need to fit an lsd to it, but I’m happy enough for now
                                Guess who can fit an LSD for you...

Don't mess about. Save up and buy a new Quaife. They come with lifetime warranty and everyone who gets one from me love it. I have sold about 10 in the last 6 months with fantastic race car results.

An example...

My customer rang me one Monday morning wanting a Quaife ATB LSD gearbox in his Lotus Elise. I supplied it and he collected it on Wednesday. Fit it Thursday, test day was Friday then full race Saturday.

He started from next to last as did a DNF last outing. Not only did he pass everyone to win, but was 23 seconds in front of the second placed car.

He was absolutely full of praise for the gearbox as it made so much improvement to the car.

Andrew.
                                If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

Comment

Working...
                                X