No announcement yet.

1971 RWA Midget 1275 (vvc K conversion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1971 RWA Midget 1275 (vvc K conversion)

I've fancied a Spitfire or Midget for quite some time.

I like vivid colours on old cars, nothing brown or green.

When this popped up I wanted it! Then it slowly got reduced to something that was affordable.

So here is the new girl, 1971 round wheel arch midget with a 1275 a series.
    It had a lot of money spent around 2009 with new front wings, full respray, full engine rebuild, about 5k worth of restoration.
    It's done about 10k since and the engine is still sweet as a nut, came off the road sometime in 2014 and been stored since so needs light restoration again.

I need to upgrade the clutch and flywheel on the Allegro ready for some more track action next year then this can get moved into the workshop. I've already bought a set of gunmetal superlites, roll hoop and starting to look for a type 9 box and caterham bellhousing.

Last edited by edk83; 04-12-2019, 01:01 PM.

sounds interesting, your project.

keep us updated.

brgds
    chris

Comment

F20C / F22C1 engine would look great in that engine bay

Comment

LOL I went to buy one of those in the 70's couldn't get my legs in so had to walk away

Comment

what about a k100 or k1100 conversion ??
          would also look great in that engine bay. and there is plenty of space for carbs, throttle bodies, nice exhaust header pipe ...
          ... compared to the mini.

brgds
          chris

Comment

Google Bugzuki nice job fitting a Suzuki G13B twin cam into a Bugeye Sprite. As Cedric says, lots of room for almost any of the small twin cam engines

Cheers

Comment

[emoji106]
              Looks very nice, looking forward to follow your progress on this! I have a similar project, Suzuki swift powered

Skickat frهn min iPhone med Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X