Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chip848
    replied
    Thanks for reply Dave. Don’t worry about getting wheel weighed I remembered I had a spare wheel with the tf doner car. Weighed it last night at 14.7kg with 175/60 tyre on. So is slightly lighter than the 15/185/60 tyre with alloy I also have.

Will get a build thread going soon. My welding isn’t a patch on yours so won’t be that many close ups on them haha. I’ve got three young children also but their not that interested what goes on in the garage and a fight normally brakes out within 5 minutes of being left unsupervised 😂 .

Leave a comment:

• evenbiggerdave
    replied
    Originally posted by chip848 View Post
    Love the build Dave, keep up the good work. I am going to use a lot of your ideas when I start my tf subframe mini (when the wife stops finding other things for me to do!)

Wheels are something I haven’t made my mind up on yet. I am liking the steelies. Do you know how much they weight? And the tyre weight?

Thanks.
    Hello mate and thank you.

no idea on wheel or tyre weight, but tyres should finally be here by 5-6pm tomor. If they have the weight on the label I’ll let you know. Also, I weld for a guy and we have scales there so if I remember to take a wheel and tyre I’ll have a weigh 👍🏼

make sure you do a build thread. I like reading and looking at other peoples work. I’ve bought another mini shell to put in the unit for a later date! Dunno what for…..but it’ll be waiting haha

I have 3 kids and the mrs. The eldest is at the age he wanna learn and the 2 year old loves being with us. That just leaves the little princess with mum…..it’s a win win here 👌🏼

Leave a comment:

• evenbiggerdave
    replied
    Originally posted by Birdman View Post
    Hi, I'm going to use MGF front subframe. I have it all here. So converter spacer between 95.25 PCD to 4 x100PCD Then I can use 4x100 wheels all round .If you can find them and just give me some measurements. I think the Ebay ones are 20mm thick. Thanks..
    I’ll try have a hunt over the weekend buddy 👍🏼

Leave a comment:

• chip848
    replied
    Love the build Dave, keep up the good work. I am going to use a lot of your ideas when I start my tf subframe mini (when the wife stops finding other things for me to do!)

Wheels are something I haven’t made my mind up on yet. I am liking the steelies. Do you know how much they weight? And the tyre weight?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Birdman
    replied
    Hi, I'm going to use MGF front subframe. I have it all here. So converter spacer between 95.25 PCD to 4 x100PCD Then I can use 4x100 wheels all round .If you can find them and just give me some measurements. I think the Ebay ones are 20mm thick. Thanks..

Leave a comment:

• evenbiggerdave
    replied

Hi Dave. I think I'm after converter spacers to 4 x100. The rear trailing arm hubs are Vauxhall and already at 4 x100. I just need to convert the fronts, then I can go 7J 15 alloys 4x 100 ET30. I'm not after banded wheels, just converter spacers. Hope that made sense.
    Which front subframe are you running tho? Standard mini? Mine are for MGTF, 4x95.25,

Leave a comment:

• evenbiggerdave
    replied

Hi Dave. I think I'm after converter spacers to 4 x100. The rear trailing arm hubs are Vauxhall and already at 4 x100. I just need to convert the fronts, then I can go 7J 15 alloys 4x 100 ET30. I'm not after banded wheels, just converter spacers. Hope that made sense.
    I get ya!! The spacers were just off eBay mate. £64 a pair of I remember right? I will see if they’re still floating around and if they are we can sort out! Sorry I thought you meant you wanted banded wheels 🤦🏼‍♂️

Leave a comment:

• Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by evenbiggerdave View Post

hello mate.

ive bought so much stuff for the mini it’s unreal! I think that spacers were 15mm wide, they then took the wheel too far out for the width it was. Banded is defo the way forward. I’ve had loads done in the past, normally a lot wider. These have had a 30mm band put in. Never had a problem with this guys wheels. £55 a wheel isn’t too bad either. He can move the centres, band front or back or both. It’s usher engineering in Syderstone. You can find him on Facebook I think, Instagram, YouTube etc. I’m sure he’ll post.

Leave a comment:

• evenbiggerdave
    replied

So you went away from 4 x 100 wheels then Dave? I think you said you bought converter spacers. Who made those for you and do you want to sell them? The ones on Ebay made in Latvia have bad reviews I think, so I'm looking around at options.. Banded steels look good
    hello mate.

ive bought so much stuff for the mini it’s unreal! I think that spacers were 15mm wide, they then took the wheel too far out for the width it was. Banded is defo the way forward. I’ve had loads done in the past, normally a lot wider. These have had a 30mm band put in. Never had a problem with this guys wheels. £55 a wheel isn’t too bad either. He can move the centres, band front or back or both. It’s usher engineering in Syderstone. You can find him on Facebook I think, Instagram, YouTube etc. I’m sure he’ll post.

Leave a comment:

• Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by evenbiggerdave View Post
    Got my banded steels back today! Standard MGF 14” steels, 5.5 banded to 7”. Got some 185/60/14 r888’s to go on them too! Will be on this week 👌🏼
    So you went away from 4 x 100 wheels then Dave? I think you said you bought converter spacers. Who made those for you and do you want to sell them? The ones on Ebay made in Latvia have bad reviews I think, so I'm looking around at options.. Banded steels look good

Leave a comment:

• evenbiggerdave
    replied
    Got my banded steels back today! Standard MGF 14” steels, 5.5 banded to 7”. Got some 185/60/14 r888’s to go on them too! Will be on this week 👌🏼
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Birdman
    replied
    Great news all round then. Good stuff..

Leave a comment:

• evenbiggerdave
    replied
    BDEFB0BA-CA02-4620-8426-5588B8FC86BC.jpeg

975C4D12-2CC8-4BA2-B9BC-01E05113D8BF.jpeg 622B19B4-FB18-4C13-955F-33E1C987B8B7.jpeg

lastly, the crunchie!! I will do a build thread on this as it’s a phat little bike!!!!! 🤗

Dave

Leave a comment:

• evenbiggerdave
    replied
    I don’t know if that really covers everything?? I feel ive missed loads, but with 11000+ pics on my phone, it’s hard to get thru them all! And this site is a little awkward on my phone, unless I’m just a bit of a slow one with technology!

so I just need to glue and bolt my vents in too, but all stainless fittings ordered, should be here by the weekend.

work is so busy, I put a pic of my truck and a card, I know none of you are local to me but I’m happy to help out with transport where I can 👍🏼

obv I put a couple pics of my eldest and the little one, They’re great together!!

you can see how I’ve chopped the arches around so much, I’m really happy with the outcome!! Buzzing to take it for a test drive up the yard! Now it’s watertight it’ll be easier, as before I had to make sure it was dry haha.

and questions/critiscms/abuse?? 🤗

Dave

Leave a comment:

• evenbiggerdave
    replied
    11B6AB43-91B6-4072-B50E-D7805D46FB19.jpeg 4C4DC6F8-E56B-4A28-BE27-D4C49A76AFFC.jpeg 3B9FDCC2-AB78-4424-95DE-D854081E236C.jpeg 76557B29-CB5B-45F3-AE01-C129606681A1.jpeg F8D4972A-32ED-43BD-8F3A-3E131664B898.jpeg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X