No announcement yet.

Blackbird turbo powered mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just need to add a couple of take off’s for boost gauge, wastegate etc, swage the inlet, and powder coat it! [emoji1360]

Couple of eves well worth it I think!!!

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Coilovers fit [emoji1360] only cut the springs down to 8.5” just to try and it works!! Away this week for work, maybe get a couple hours in next weekend, then married and honeymoon the week after, so maybe a while before any major updates, but bare with me guys [emoji16]

Dave

Comment

• Hello!!! I’m still alive! All married and honeymooned, life is back to normal!

Had bit of time on mini, seats in with as much leg room as possible, front end is bolted on, and rad is mounted!!

Seat based are welded in, the mounts allow the seats to be moved. Unless you’re under 5’5” you’d never need to move them! Haha. I’m 6.7”, not quite as much room as my X5, but it’s ok! [emoji1743]*[emoji3603][emoji16]

I’ve chosen to bolt the front on as there really isn’t room for hinges etc! And as this little thing should be rapid, I like the idea of everything fixed properly. I welded tabs on the rear of the mounting face on the A panel, then made brackets off the new front crossmember to mount up thru the tow eye points??? The holes near the number plate. I welded an m12 washer on the rear of the hole, so it’s now a non adjustable tight fit!! Not many pics, but I’ll get more tomor.

The rad is on the original mgtf rubbers mounted to the front crossmember, and braces across the top. Again I’ll get more pic tomor.

Made a link plate for the screamer to mount sturdy to the main exhaust [emoji106][emoji2533]

Dave

Comment

• Just a couple pics of the mounted rad [emoji106][emoji2533]

Will try get a turbo support made next, then ship it to my mates for a couple weeks till I build the new truck.

Realistically I’m aiming for Feb/March, as I think the hard bit is done! I think it is anyway! Got a lot of baby shows in the new year (my job, not a weirdo), so that’ll hold me back a bit. I’m back with the motivation now and really enjoying it.

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by evenbiggerdave View Post
            Got a lot of baby shows in the new year (my job, not a weirdo)
            This cracked me up!

Glad to hear you're back at it now. Whatever else you're building, stick it up in the "other projects" section, we all love a read (Even those of us that don't own minis any more )
            Originally posted by apbellamy
            Fuck me Shaun. That actually made sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiniLandy View Post
              This cracked me up!

Glad to hear you're back at it now. Whatever else you're building, stick it up in the "other projects" section, we all love a read (Even those of us that don't own minis any more )

Yeah mate, I will do!! Hopefully get the majority built before Xmas, then can get back on the mini [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Cheers for the interest, it keeps the motivation up [emoji16]

Dave

Comment

• Dave, just because no one has commented on your build, it doesn't mean we aren't interested.

If you look at the title page it shows number of pages and views. 6970 views is quite impressive.
                If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

Comment

• Originally posted by AGoaty View Post
                  Dave, just because no one has commented on your build, it doesn't mean we aren't interested.

If you look at the title page it shows number of pages and views. 6970 views is quite impressive.
                  Agreed. Ive not commented yet, but sitting in the background watching. Really intersting build and looking forward to updates.

Comment

• Excellent.. great build .. keep the updates coming

Comment

• Originally posted by AGoaty View Post
                      Dave, just because no one has commented on your build, it doesn't mean we aren't interested.

Haha I feel I’ve opened the gates and people think I’m having a moan [emoji23] feel a little embarrassed now!

Thanks for the support! I know I enjoy reading people’s builds too

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Dopeshow View Post
                        Agreed. Ive not commented yet, but sitting in the background watching. Really intersting build and looking forward to updates.

Cheers man, I would reply in one to all three of ya but I’m a bit of a technology dick and dunno how! Haha.

Thanks for your support too! Happy with any comments, criticisms, ideas etc

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by becko View Post
                          Excellent.. great build .. keep the updates coming

And thank you too buddy!!! [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Dave

Comment

• Cheers for the encouragement from everyone.

It’s hard when a bit of motivation goes, but it’s back!! I’ve gotta make a turbo bracket tomor eve/weekend, then I’ll get some pics of it dusted down and on my truck to be shifted to my mates for a bit! Think it’ll look cool on the truck as you’ll see just how small it is! [emoji16] and the fact I’m a big 6’7”, hairy tattood man [emoji23]

Garage is full of steel for the new tilt n slide body.....£600 worth! [emoji15] looking forward to playing with the new welder too.

You’ll be updated over the weekend guys [emoji1360]

Dave

Comment

• Any update big Dave ?

Comment

• Originally posted by becko View Post
                                Any update big Dave ?

Hey man!

Sorry for the delay in replying, all these baby shows I mention a while back.....they’re happening and currently on my 4th big one and in Ireland! Not had much time at all this year yet!

I’ve built most of the tilt n slide recovery truck, the mini is just in storage at a friends, soon as I get my ram and pump sorted on the truck I’ll be straight back on the mini!! Got some serious motivation for it!!

Bought a shit transit to use as a jig to make the body, that way I can just swap the body to mine without taking it off the road for more than a day or two.

Majority is built, all sheets are cut for the top. Bought a plasma cutter......best thing I’ve ever bought! Super silent so doesn’t annoy the neighbours like cutting sheet with a grinder [emoji23]

Cuts sooooooo well

First thing I cut, only 1.6mm, but super clean!!

So as I went off track.......I’ll hopefully be back on the mini by end of feb!! Nearly a case of starting on body work [emoji16]

Cheers for the interest

Dave [emoji1360]

Comment

Working...
                                X