Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking good.

Comment

• Really great build and very interesting read, lots of interesting ideas.

Gavin

Comment

• Look's cool great progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronski View Post
          Looking good.

Cheers matey!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by smilerb View Post
            Really great build and very interesting read, lots of interesting ideas.

Gavin

Thanks man. Glad you’re enjoying it. Any criticism, good or bad, ideas etc welcome [emoji1360]

Comment

• Originally posted by gadget555 View Post
              Look's cool great progress.

And thank you too!

I would’ve copied you all in together, but I’m a little technology dumb (think I mentioned that before haha.

Dave

Comment

• Blackbird turbo powered mini

Just waiting on a colour choice......then rebuild time [emoji847]

Dave

Last edited by evenbiggerdave; 21-11-2019, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Looking good

Deciding on a colour is pretty hard, do you have a shortlist of colours?

Comment

• Originally posted by geachy87 View Post
                    Looking good

Deciding on a colour is pretty hard, do you have a shortlist of colours?

Well.....

I went Nardo grey! Just after I posted the last post I ordered it!! Haha

So.....today.....

Floor and front bulkhead painted, front subframe mounted for the final time!!!!!!!

Made some spacers for the water pipes......

“No lathe.....no problem” [emoji23]

If it’s stupid and it works.....it’s not stupid!! Haha

Gonna go for a real deep purple I think for interior and roof, but not set in stone!!

Dave

Comment

• Fuel pipes, water pipes, throttle cable.....THEN WIRING!! [emoji847]

Dave

Comment

• Blackbird turbo powered mini

Fuel lines all on, so many AN fittings, my hands are so sore!! [emoji23] just need to connect up the return at the end of the rail. It’s a push fitting as standard on normal rubber hose. I’m now braided and don’t know what to do to connect it up. Any ideas?

Then just need to T the breather into the filler neck.

Love the look of it underneath.

Just waiting on brake line fittings to finish the last piece from the bias valve to the master cylinder

Rad pipes next. But as Xmas is coming along fast, I need to spend time with the family, and it’s baby
                        show season again in January, so gonna be stupid busy for that month. (Only feels like yesterday I was last saying that and you all ripped the piss haha)

Dave

Last edited by evenbiggerdave; 18-12-2019, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• love this ,,,one question though
                          ime just about to buy in a donor car have the shell with all the unneeded bits of shell removed so how do you go about registering this on another forum ime a member of the biva iva police keep chirping up do you just build it then pay the fee for an expensive mot

Comment

• Originally posted by steelman75 View Post
                            love this ,,,one question though
                            ime just about to buy in a donor car have the shell with all the unneeded bits of shell removed so how do you go about registering this on another forum ime a member of the biva iva police keep chirping up do you just build it then pay the fee for an expensive mot
                            gotta love the IVA police!!

im not gonna lie, I don’t want to get in all this chat about the IVA/SVA, as it’ll offend people, or open a massive can of worms. The simple thing is I don’t think it can actually be road legal. Yes it can be insured as the car it is now, mot’d correctly as that’s just to proof it’s safe and road worthy and even taxed correctly as it’s still PLG and a 1.1, however......that wouldn’t make it road legal. Z cars, none of them are road legal (although probably have been insured and mot’d etc) Bottom line is, the monocoque has been cut, therefore I’m 99% sure it would fail an IVA. Full stop.

Let’s say “I’m building this for fun!?!?” 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

not trying to sound rude, but I think other people building such projects will know where I’m coming from.

lets hope I haven’t offended anyone, especially you with that answer.

sorry guys.

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by evenbiggerdave View Post

gotta love the IVA police!!

im not gonna lie, I don’t want to get in all this chat about the IVA/SVA, as it’ll offend people, or open a massive can of worms. The simple thing is I don’t think it can actually be road legal. Yes it can be insured as the car it is now, mot’d correctly as that’s just to proof it’s safe and road worthy and even taxed correctly as it’s still PLG and a 1.1, however......that wouldn’t make it road legal. Z cars, none of them are road legal (although probably have been insured and mot’d etc) Bottom line is, the monocoque has been cut, therefore I’m 99% sure it would fail an IVA. Full stop.

Let’s say “I’m building this for fun!?!?” 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

not trying to sound rude, but I think other people building such projects will know where I’m coming from.

lets hope I haven’t offended anyone, especially you with that answer.

sorry guys.

Dave

Good job you're 1% right then

Comment

• Zcars can pass an IVA (the proofs in the thread below), as can any other correctly modified and prepared car, but most people don't know they need one or can't be bothered.

http://www.theminiforum.co.uk/forums...st-list-hints/

Comment

Working...
                                X