• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy with that [emoji847]

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• any more info on bead roller / specs / make /demo ?
      Mini Restoration on YouTube, donate to club running costs : [email protected]

Comment

• I'd also be interested in that please.

Comment

• It’s literally £160 off eBay, 6 sets of dies, can do the pattern like I have been (steps, different depths) and ends of pipe like for intercooler hoses, as long as it’s over 2” as that’s the die sizes.

All I did was beef up the machine with box section as it flexed/twisted a lot!!! Now it’s solid!! Can roll 2mm stainless with no twist on the turns!!

Added a longer piece on the clamp down bolt as that had to be done with a spanner. The machine is just as good as a £700 machine now. Well chuffed. These are pics I have on my phone......

To mark out the designs, I just use my steel ruler as the edge width, then same to space the pattern, then use a 30mm socket to draw round for the radius’!

Hope that helps you guys a bit??

It does distort the steel, as it’s stretching it....but you can get majority of the twist out over ya knee! Then when you weld to the frame work it’ll pull it straight.

Dave

Comment

• Thanks, will have to invest in one when I start working on the Mini again.

Comment

• Like that a lot. Some sweet welds on the back of that roller as well.
              Originally posted by apbellamy
              Fuck me Shaun. That actually made sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronski View Post
                Thanks, will have to invest in one when I start working on the Mini again.

Do buddy, I use it so much more than I thought, even just to put an edge on something. Like if I cut a pice or Rust out, then make a plate, add 5mm “joggle” around the edge.....(with the roller, like I did my gear stick hole plate) the you’re not butt welding [emoji1360]

Comment

• Originally posted by MiniLandy View Post
                  Like that a lot. Some sweet welds on the back of that roller as well.

Thanks man!! It doesn’t move at all now. Defo the best mod to do. If you YouTube “harbour freight bead roller mods”, the Americans do loads with cheap tools [emoji1360]

Dave

Comment

• Blackbird turbo powered mini

Today I made a new inlet manifold!! Just a load of stainless.....a hole saw.....and my welder! Oh.....and lots of measuring!!!

I have a throttle body off a civic, already has a map sensor, which means I can just buy a 3bar one for my turbo application.

I’m just waiting on my mate to turn me up some bosses for my injectors [emoji1360] I’ll weld them in, and a couple off boost take offs and jobs a goodn!!

Well chuffed. And no....it doesn’t weigh much!!! I’m not running an intercooler anymore as space is a bit tight. The charge pipe is pretty short, and I’ll have air ducting in, do hopefully it’ll be ok. If I have issues, I’ll have to add one! All the bike turbo deals I’ve seen run without.

Here some pics......

Engine is back out now. I’m debating whether to strip the whole thing again now and get all the parts powder coated, or just do a total fit up, make sure it runs, then complete strip down and powder coat, underseal, paint etc [emoji2373] I’ll work it out haha

Dave

Comment

• Love the inlet Dave ����

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by becko View Post
                          Love the inlet Dave ����

Cheers buddy!!! Hopefully it’ll work! [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Dave

Comment

• Blackbird turbo powered mini

Hi guys.

Couple of updates as been super busy with everything but the mini!

Injector bosses made and welded in, red oxided the rear and welds/bare metal etc. Injector rail on!

Chain on too! It is in line, the pic just makes it look super on the piss!!

I have rose jointed rod to make a turbo brace, then engine out, frames blasted and powder coated. That way, when I get it running, I only have to drop the subframes complete to get the shell ready for paint [emoji1360]

My pump is here, just waiting on the filter, some brackets and some AN fittings to plumb all that in.

Slowly but surely!!

Dave

Comment

• Great work

Comment

• Been a while guys!! Anniversary, birthdays, work etc!!

Everything stripped, blasted and ack from the powder coaters!

Looks amazing, satin black, no more rusty bits!! Had all the diff carrier done, subframes, brackets etc. Just not the alloy stuff as it’s in good nick, as are their bushings!!

Bought new subframe mounts, everything is thread locked or uses nylock nuts now.

“Good” engine is in and built up! Man folds on, turbo on, adjustable link rods for the turbo fitted etc Well chuffed! Front subframe looks a treat too!

Got the mini on its side at the mo, made some “chassis rails” up for it. They go from the front subframe mounts to the rear cross member! Super rigid now!![emoji16]

Everywhere seam sealed, front bulkhead, rear bulkhead, floor. Just need to weld the handbrake lever plate in properly, mount the adjustable biased valve, then it can be under sealed!! Can see the light now guys!!!!

Couple pics, will hopefully get it under sealed Sunday eve or Monday (busy weekend with family and car transporting)

Cheers for looking,

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X