Blackbird turbo powered mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackbird turbo powered mini

Got the front brake pipes done tonight [emoji1360] ran a length to the rear but waiting on a bias valve before I put it in properly.

Brake pipe clips should be here for the weekend, then just make some brackets for the rear flexis to mount to as they used to mount to the car body in the mgtf.

Just remember nothing is clipped yet!

Then need to work out the clutch! [emoji848] handbrake cables turned up and I have the lever, so il try mess about with that too!

Made more panels too....

Just tacked in at mo, but they’ll get blasted in properly when I’m out there late and can’t make much noise haha.

Will update again soon! Sorry they’re few and far between, hust hard work getting the time.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Did you run the rear brake pipe through the subframe ? That'll be a total pain if you need to remove the front frame in the future wont it ?
      Watsons frame in a standard length front, they said it was impossible ...

Build Thread - standard length round nose B series with Watsons frame, it is possible

Comment

Originally posted by Oz View Post
        Did you run the rear brake pipe through the subframe ? That'll be a total pain if you need to remove the front frame in the future wont it ?

Hi buddy.

Yes its ran thru the hole you can see as the steering rack is tight up against the bulkhead and there's no gaps. What I didn't mention is there will be a join just as the pipes get flat with the floor. same place as the water pipes level go from rubber to metal etc. The same will be done with the clutch line. its just lack of space that's the issue.

Dave
        Last edited by evenbiggerdave; 27-06-2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Handbrake mounting plate made and tacked in! The cables are super long....well the mini is short haha!! The plate I’ve made works well, still room for the shifter and room next to the seat. Nicely accessible [emoji1360]

I surprised how good the handbrake is too!! It was a year since I stripped the mgtf, so forgot how it was routed! I’ve had to go over the engine as the diff etc is in the way to go under! I’ll make brackets to hold the cables and the cables along with the gear cable will actually pass thru the lower part of the bulkhead......thru steel tubes I think. I’ll work it out haha

Dave

Comment

• Remade the lines tonight....super happy now!!!

Also got the clevis pins and split pins in the master cylinders from the pedals. Got all rear lines made up too. Gonna get some short flexis tomor to go from the rear subframe hard lines to the lines that run the length of the car (brake and clutch) the fronts now have a join just under the bulkhead but still easily accessible!

Tomor I’ll make some brackets for the rear flexis and hopefully maybe possibly get some brakes working! It’s all coming along nicely now!!!!

Dave

Comment

• Why have you added the coils into the brake and clutch pipes?
              If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

Comment

• Originally posted by AGoaty View Post
                Why have you added the coils into the brake and clutch pipes?

I could go into the boring bit about pressure relief etc.....but it’s mainly cos they look nice. Haha

I always used to do it on 4x4’s where the body is separate to the chassis.....the subframes are separate to the body so I went with the same principle [emoji1360]

Dave

Comment

• Got my new tank today, just an ATL one out of my mates old race car. I will make a steel box/cover for it as it’s right at the front of the car.

Dave

Comment

• Enjoying this build. Good work mate!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dopeshow View Post
                      Enjoying this build. Good work mate!!

Cheers buddy! I’m back on it and really enjoying it. Just too hot to be out there at mo. My garage kinda sits in my back garden, so if the neighbours are out enjoying the weather too, I really don’t wanna upset them.

Dave

Comment

• Great work, just read the whole thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronski View Post
                          Great work, just read the whole thread.

Cheers man!! There’s several pages now haha. Hope you enjoyed ya read [emoji1360]

Dave

Comment

Evening all!!

Couple of updates.....

All brake pipes now made, tightened etc, callipers free (not bothered with discs and pads yet til I know everything works). Single line to the front and then splits, single line to rear too, then splits (will add a bias valve inside when I know it all works) single clutch line to rear. Had a flexi made up to go to the clutch. Land Rover flexi for the rear brake line at the subframe [emoji1360] just need to weld on the mounting tabs.

Managed to get a brand new binnacle, had some carbon laying about so I made a facia as such, used stainless screws and mounted my Koso digi dash. The binnacle is just laying in place at mo.

Can’t remember if I posted this pic (can’t look now I’m in the post screen)

Not everyone’s Taste I know, but I love it!

Think I’ve done a lot of little jobs but nothing pic worthy! Welder has packed up again, should get it back towards the end this week, I’ll then finish bulkhead and make a tank mount!! Decided I’m just going with an 044 pump, hp filter, AN fittings and no swirl pot. The tank is foam baffled, to prevent slosh. New foam will be here tomor!! I’ve cut the filler and it’ll be mounted in the bonnet. Sunk below bonnet level with a hole big enough to get ya hand to the cap [emoji1360]

Think that’s all folks!!! Hopefully a better update towards the end of this week/next as I have a couple of eves working away!

Dave

Comment

Only a quick one guys......

Fuel tank mount made, just need the straps sorting! Dead simple tho! I’ll do them like a battery clamp/bracket. So the tighter you wind it the nuts, the tighter the fit. Just a sheet folded, welded, dimple died. Some 20mm box welded across the subframe, then the mount welded to that. I’ll make a skid plate under it all at a later date.

Made the fuel filler neck too. Used a bracket I found from my old ktm!! Just gotta link the vent up to it too. Just a case of drilling a tube/pipe into it.

The filler cap will be in the bonnet. With a 100mm hole cut and sunk in. You won’t need to flip the bonnet to fuel it up [emoji1360] just gotta make sure I cut the hole in the right place!!

I also made a couple of closing plates....like the one for the old gear stick hole.

Tomor I may get a few more bits tidied up!

Excuse the shitty Snapchat picture, only one I can find of that panel. I just cut the stick hole bigger and square, then made a plate, rolled a pattern in to it, then welded it in [emoji1360]

That’s all today guys.

Dave

Comment

• Nice work, what fuel tank is that?

Don't worry just scrolled up the page and seen its an old ATL tank.

Comment

Working...
                                X