Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joltfreak
    replied
    Well it's been awhile now since I've posted any updates..... the motor is finally done and back home again

Had to shorten the timing tab to allow for the belt to wrap around the modified damper.

Got the motor in and bolted up tight, the exhaust is back on. Even bought a battery and put it in. The carb rebuild kit came in and a buddy of mine (who is a Holley master) is going help rebuild it.

I also ordered a different remote oil filter relocation kit. The one the is currently on the mini has an alloy housing which has a reusable filter in it. I'm sure it will do the job fine but I would rather have a regular spin on filter on it for simplicity sake.

Leave a comment:

• william_clubman
    replied
    look good job i like it

Leave a comment:

• joltfreak
    replied
    while we planned what we are doing with the motor. i had an old pair of alloy valve covers that looked like crap! so i sand blasted them and shined them up a bit. i wish i took pics of what they started like.
    here is what it looked like after blasting them:

after a bit of shining up:

i think that they will come out nice:

Leave a comment:

• joltfreak
    replied
    just got a call from the shop.
    and its all good!
    i'll be heading down there to plan out what we'll be doing next!!

Leave a comment:

• joltfreak
    replied
    well since the weather was decent, and i'm itching to do something while the motor is out at the shop. i decided to coat the whole exhaust and wrap the headers:

Leave a comment:

• joltfreak
    replied
    Dropped the motor off at the shop to get stripped down, cleaned and magnafluxed to see if it will be a suitable canadate for rebuilding.......................................n ow i wait

Leave a comment:

• joltfreak
    replied
    hey jeffery!
    i got a motor but i need to take down to the machine shop to take a look at it to see if it suitable for rebuilding. then we'll see..

Leave a comment:

• Jeffreypang911
    replied
    think you'll find a motor for it by this year? Id love to see it in person again.

Leave a comment:

• joltfreak
    replied
    well i have an update..... i also have some bad news. Paul has pulled the motor out of this mini for another project. he has also put the mini up for sale....and it sold.........

the good news is that he sold it to me!!!! it's currently in my garage waiting for a new motor.

Leave a comment:

• breadboxracing
    replied
    http://s669.photobucket.com/albums/v...ent=003-13.jpg
    THE CAR IS FINALLY RUNNING NOW TO SORT IT OUT

Leave a comment:

• breadboxracing
    replied
    http://s669.photobucket.com/albums/v...ent=004-12.jpg

Leave a comment:

• breadboxracing
    replied
    hi i made a classic misstake thinking the cam was hyd, i set valve lash at zero, chevy engines with hyd cams are adjustable, forgetting the cam was mechanical.
    my excuse is i have had this engine since 1976 and it has been in pieces for the last 15 years so one does forget these things.
    paul

Leave a comment:

• ivanhoew
    replied
    so what was wrong with the engine in the end ?

Leave a comment:

• breadboxracing
    replied
    well i had a good day
    the engine oil filter adpter does not leak and we were able to test drive the car this afternoon
    hopefully we will have some pic or a vidio this weekend

Leave a comment:

• breadboxracing
    replied
    well the bad news is the oil filter remote has started to leak big time so ordered a new one from canton engineering and it arrived today but its for a ford
    so have to start over tomorrow and wait 10 days for it to arrive
    paul

Leave a comment:

Working...
X