No announcement yet.

350hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so what was wrong with the engine in the end ?
    [email protected],falken 165 ,5 port A series, 19psi..open diff.
    my channel..
    http://www.youtube.com/user/legrandphromage

Comment

• hi i made a classic misstake thinking the cam was hyd, i set valve lash at zero, chevy engines with hyd cams are adjustable, forgetting the cam was mechanical.
      my excuse is i have had this engine since 1976 and it has been in pieces for the last 15 years so one does forget these things.
      paul

Comment

• http://s669.photobucket.com/albums/v...ent=004-12.jpg

Comment

• http://s669.photobucket.com/albums/v...ent=003-13.jpg
          THE CAR IS FINALLY RUNNING NOW TO SORT IT OUT

Comment

• well i have an update..... i also have some bad news. Paul has pulled the motor out of this mini for another project. he has also put the mini up for sale....and it sold.........

the good news is that he sold it to me!!!! it's currently in my garage waiting for a new motor.

Comment

• think you'll find a motor for it by this year? Id love to see it in person again.

Comment

• hey jeffery!
                i got a motor but i need to take down to the machine shop to take a look at it to see if it suitable for rebuilding. then we'll see..

Comment

• Dropped the motor off at the shop to get stripped down, cleaned and magnafluxed to see if it will be a suitable canadate for rebuilding.......................................n ow i wait

Comment

• well since the weather was decent, and i'm itching to do something while the motor is out at the shop. i decided to coat the whole exhaust and wrap the headers:

Comment

• just got a call from the shop.
                      and its all good!
                      i'll be heading down there to plan out what we'll be doing next!!

Comment

• while we planned what we are doing with the motor. i had an old pair of alloy valve covers that looked like crap! so i sand blasted them and shined them up a bit. i wish i took pics of what they started like.
                        here is what it looked like after blasting them:

after a bit of shining up:

i think that they will come out nice:

Comment

• look good job i like it

Comment

• Well it's been awhile now since I've posted any updates..... the motor is finally done and back home again

Had to shorten the timing tab to allow for the belt to wrap around the modified damper.

Got the motor in and bolted up tight, the exhaust is back on. Even bought a battery and put it in. The carb rebuild kit came in and a buddy of mine (who is a Holley master) is going help rebuild it.

I also ordered a different remote oil filter relocation kit. The one the is currently on the mini has an alloy housing which has a reusable filter in it. I'm sure it will do the job fine but I would rather have a regular spin on filter on it for simplicity sake.

Comment

Working...
                            X