'76 AWD Canadian Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '76 AWD Canadian Edition

A while back I bought a 76 Canadian MINI that someone had started to work on. The body was sand blasted and outer sills had been removed.

I have now started building a rotisserie and bracing the frame so that I can start chopping it up for rust repair and to fit the AWD components from a 2001 CR-V.

Today I starteds to harvest my donor parts. Got the rear diff and driveshafts removed and started in the engine bay. Most of the wire harness is freed up and ecu has been removed. I am pretty sure I won't use much or any of the engine bits but want to have all my bases covered.

One more thing...I hate removing bolts from a vehicle that has seen 20 years of salty winter roads. No broken bolts....yet.

$_35.JPG

That sounds like a fun project, keep the photos coming
    Watsons frame in a standard length front, they said it was impossible ...

Build Thread - standard length round nose B series with Watsons frame, it is possible

Comment

sounds interesting. Where are you located? I'm in Edmonton
      Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
      http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
      Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

Comment

I am in Fort Mcmurray. Still have a bunch of family around Edmonton.

Do you know of any local places to get panels from, or am I better ordering from mini spares/mini sport and paying shipping? Only place I know of in Edmonton is BritBits.

Comment

Probably the only place in Edmonton. There may be someone in Calgary or out in Victoria/Vancouver. Someone from the coast may chime in. Otherwise the US or England.
          Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
          http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
          Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

Comment

Pretty often it’s cheaper to order from England directly. Are you planning to build your own subframes for the conversion?

Comment

I am going to buy subframes. I have a tax return coming as well as a ton of overtime scheduled at work so it will happen soon. I am debating between Minitec or VtecMinis(AWD)

Comment

Originally posted by strudel View Post
                Probably the only place in Edmonton. There may be someone in Calgary or out in Victoria/Vancouver. Someone from the coast may chime in. Otherwise the US or England.
                Hunter Classic Sports Cars in Victoria (Craig Hunter) has lot of Mini stuff including body panels, also Craig McGuire in Vancouver carries lots of Mini bits and body panels...
                89 Mini 30...finished the car ... again!

Comment

Ooh I’m so subscribing to this build, I’m acquiring parts for the same thing!

I was leaning towards the VTECMinis one because I like the idea of using the cones for suspension and apparently it fits without extending the front but that’s just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
                  X