No announcement yet.

Std Roundnose Allspeed B16B Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheels have arrived! Went for JBW Minilights, 10x6 in anthracite to match the roof, these are wrapped in sticky Yokohama A032R tyres. Wasted no time in getting them coated in Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels.

Fitted these to the car and they look perfect, they clear the brakes by about 3mm, I had to take the balancing weights off though so will need to get these rebalanced using clip on weights.

Comment

This was the part I was most nervous about, the very sketchy task of getting the car off the wooden frame it had been sitting on for the last seven years, ended up using two trolley jacks with lots of wood stacked upon them and someone standing at the side holding the car level.

And it’s on the ground! First time I’ve ever seen the car at ground level and now you can really appreciate the roof colour and how it ties in with the wheels, looks like I might even have guessed the suspension heights perfectly!

That’s us pretty much up to date on the car now, the next big step is to get the engine fitted. I’m also in the process of moving into a new house which will have a garage and a lift, should make fitting the engine a lot easier!

Comment

Looking very nice, one those lucky people that end up with a garage and a lift, one day hopefully I'll get there.

Comment

So the last update actually happened about 6 months ago, since then I have moved house and now have a garage, so time to get cracking!

Started with wiring, new LED headlights fitted

And all working, the headlights have LED indicators built in, so the glass indicators in the body are wired through a resistor as USDM style DRLs.

Comment

New RMS and clutch fitted to the engine

I also got the gearbox back from BK Transmissions after a full rebuild with new input bearing, 4.0 final drive and LS long 5th gear

New cambelt, tensioner and waterpump

And sump fitted with new gasket and stainless hardware - these always rust and turn into nothing so a good bit of futureproofing

Comment

Had to modify the engine mounts that the Allspeed frame comes with, as little thought had been put into people wanting to run poly engine mounts.

Cut out the inner strengthening bits, my fabricator will add more supports to the outside when it goes there for the other bits.

Mount now fits!

Wiring is still in progress

Comment

Right, this is going to be a big one, engine fitting day!

I used an electric hoist mounted to a steel bar supported by the brick walls of my garage to lift the engine off its stand and onto the floor

Then lifted the body up, lowered onto axle stands and removed the subframe to fit the engine into it

Steering rack clearance made

Body lowered over engine/subframe

And down!

More clearance made, this will be cleaned up, painted and an edge trim fitted

And it is in!

This is starting to get exciting now, it's booked in to go off to the fabricators for an exhaust, manifold and various other little bits that need doing. It then just needs the wiring fiinishing and it'll run.

Comment

Looking good.. it will be great to hear that power up!
                  89 Mini 30...finished the car ... again!

Comment

Headlights look interesting. Could you tell me where they were sourced or what they were designed for originally or just a 7" aftermarket unit. Thx
                    Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
                    http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
                    Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

Comment

Originally posted by strudel View Post
                      Headlights look interesting. Could you tell me where they were sourced or what they were designed for originally or just a 7" aftermarket unit. Thx
                      I have the same headlight, you can find them on Ebay , Amazon or some of the Chinese sites.. usually advertised for jeep headlights..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3279...archweb201603_
                      Last edited by MiniMike; 08-03-2021, 03:53 AM.
                      89 Mini 30...finished the car ... again!

Comment

Looking really good, how have you found the allspeed subframe did you have any issues fitting etc. What about the drive shafts too some people have said they are too long and tight is that correct?

Comment

can i ask about wiring where how etc do you start with it or can you buy a loom??

Comment

Hi what inlet manifold is that ? Have you modified it to clear the bulkhead? I’ve been looking at skunk pro but some look way to straight back rather than curled up.

Comment

Originally posted by Finndog68 View Post
                              Hi what inlet manifold is that ? Have you modified it to clear the bulkhead? I’ve been looking at skunk pro but some look way to straight back rather than curled up.
                              What about these?

https://skunk2.com/induction/intake-...7-05-9205.html

307-05-9205_2.jpg
                              Last edited by Captain Slog; 14-10-2021, 06:29 AM.
                              احترام

Comment

Working...
                              X