Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Vtec Cooper

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oz
    replied
    I also welded in some threaded plate so I had captive nuts for bolting my front panel through

    IMG_20210327_1627158.jpg
    Last edited by Oz; 30-03-2021, 02:54 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Oz
    replied
    I had a subframe day today.

    My poor subframe has suffered at my hands and needed various repairs and then some additions.

    I hacked off various parts when trying to fit the AWD box and mount the frame further back so luckily I had kept some of the off-cuts. I had to fabricate a few parts which I hadn't kept. I ended up running out of time so it's not quite finished.

    Anyway here's some pics

    IMG_20210327_1627001.jpg

    IMG_20210327_1627203.jpg

    IMG_20210327_1631401.jpg

    IMG_20210327_1627258.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • Oz
    replied
    I should have said, I made the desk out of scrap wood and left over box section I had lying around lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Oz
    replied
    Not much has happened since the above as our Covid restrictions has meant that my mate can't come to the garage and help finish off the front.

    One issue that did arise with the front is the plates welded to the front panel aren't right. The front is pushed out and under tension. They will need to be cut off and rewelded.

    I've used the time to work on the widened arches. The RH one iis almost done. I've removed the original inner lip and started building up FG layers on the underside to add strength.

    IMG_20210106_1051475.jpg

    I've also taken time out to make a desk for my wife and son as we found the home schooling at the dining room table was a bit of a pain. I've built this to fit in a gap between two bookshelves.

    IMG_20210106_1051287.jpg

    My first attempt to make anything like this. Several lessons learnt but it was quite good fun. Maybe if my new work venture doesn't take off I'll start making furniture lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Oz
    replied
    We are getting the removeable steel front built at the moment. The front panel is now bolted to the subframe front crossmember once my mate had spent a fair bit of time getting everything aligned. There are a couple of repairs needed to the gutter on the inner wings, one side needing cutting out and replacing so my mate made a repair piece.

    We've started work on the wing brackets so the wings can be bolted to the A Panels.

    IMG_20201107_1548113.jpg

    IMG_20201107_1547587.jpg

    IMG_20201107_1625476.jpg
    Last edited by Oz; 30-03-2021, 02:53 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Oz
    replied
    Originally posted by geachy87 View Post
    Nice work on the arches 👌🏼
    Lol that's just one side, gotta do it all over again for the other side!

    Leave a comment:


  • Oz
    replied
    Thanks for the comments guys

    Leave a comment:


  • geachy87
    replied
    Nice work on the arches 👌🏼

    Leave a comment:


  • Mini Vlatko
    replied
    That's a nice progress...I'll have to pull out my thumb to

    Leave a comment:


  • Oz
    replied
    Slowly plodding on with various jobs. The lower front valance has been welded on and plates added for mounting to the front crossmember of the subrame

    IMG_20201031_1638539.jpg

    IMG_20201031_1638470.jpg

    IMG_20201031_1639126.jpg

    I started adding Tower mounts as the early Watsons frames didn't have them. They are tacked in but I'm not overly happy. I might remake them in a thicker gauge tube.

    IMG_20201031_1636170.jpg

    Also still working on the widened arches. The indicator recess has taken a some time to get right, it's just about there.

    IMG_20201031_1640008.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • Oz
    replied
    Today was making brackets..

    First the RH Spotlight bracket

    IMG_20201003_1432322.jpg

    IMG_20201003_1432187.jpg

    Started trying to make a bonnet catch bracket. It looks like I can get it to go between the rad and the head.

    IMG_20201003_1603446.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • Oz
    replied
    and with bonnet up

    IMG_20200930_1603301.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • Oz
    replied
    Originally posted by Dopeshow View Post
    Nice work Oz, nice to see you making progress.
    Thanks mate. Yeah, it's great that I'm now in a position where everything seems to fit under the front end. It's a big milestone for me.

    Now just working on dry building/test fitting stuff back on the car to see what still fits and what needs work. Drilling holes now etc before paint so once it's back from being sprayed hopefully it should just be a case of bolting it all back together and hoping I can remember what went where and which wires connect where etc lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Dopeshow
    replied
    Nice work Oz, nice to see you making progress.

    Leave a comment:


  • Oz
    replied
    I forgot to say that I managed to drop the rad by about 5-10mm (I didn't actually measure it) which helped the under bonnet clearances.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X