No announcement yet.

My Vtec Cooper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah it’s best to get the complete panel instead of patching. Unless it’s somewhere on the bottom. At least that’s how i feel

Comment

• The one benefit is that I'll be replacing both sills so i will take the opportunity to clean up and treat any surface rust inside the box sections whilst the sills are off and then paint with a suitable weld through primer.
      Watsons frame in a standard length front, they said it was impossible ...

Build Thread - standard length round nose B series with Watsons frame, it is possible

Comment

• Yeah that helps a lot and in some cases you find out how "good" the repairs of the previous owner(s) are

Comment

• Hopefully none, the car is a 96 Cooper and I bought it in 98 with 4500 miles lol

Build Thread - standard length round nose B series with Watsons frame, it is possible

Comment

• Hahaha wel in that case you can only find out how good your own repairs have been during that period.. LOL..
            I've found some interesting repairs on several cars in the past.. Welding patches over rust holes and a lot of body filler over that same patch, for example..

Comment

• It's been a while but we are slowly getting through the rust repairs. Only one sill replaced in the end. Hidden rot in the boot and rear panel are being sorted

​​​​​​
              IMG_20211204_1546592.jpg

Also re-tubbed rear arches as they had clearly been bodged and weren't even fully cut out and full of filler !

IMG_20211204_1546521.jpg
              Last edited by Oz; Yesterday, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X