B18 1987 Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monkey View Post
    Looking great so far. I think I know the seller you're talking about based in Lithuania on ebay, I made a cheeky offer once and he wasn't happy at all about it

When you hoping to have it done by?

Thanks, everything just takes time.

I am hoping to take it to IMM2019.

Comment

I'm aiming to be there too, mine is nothing but a shell and a load of parts at the moment though Maybe I need to get to get a ticket soon to get the pressure on.
      An expert is someone who tells you why you can't do something- Alec Issigonis

Comment

I'll be there as well, Making a caravan at the minute.

Comment

I'm aiming to be there too, mine is nothing but a shell and a load of parts at the moment though Maybe I need to get to get a ticket soon to get the pressure on.
          Same here Monkey. I have spent half my budget and all I have is a bare shell and a garage full of parts. Time won't be the issue for me it will cash flow, i'm sure the wife won't give up her vacations because I want to finish the mini, but if you don't ask you don't get.

So there is every chance I will make it, I might just turn up with two black eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by keitht View Post
            I'll be there as well, Making a caravan at the minute.
            A caravan for the Mini ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dopeshow View Post
              A caravan for the Mini ?
              Yeah, I'm making a tear drop style. I should have it finished in time.

Comment

Woman's rights !!! Make her some hash cakes , when you see her knoding ,,,ASK,,,
                "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tb261HwQNDQ
                SAY WHAT YOU BELEVE,,BELEVE WHAT YOU LIKE,
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk

Comment

Originally posted by ardonfast View Post
                  Woman's rights !!! Make her some hash cakes , when you see her knoding ,,,ASK,,,
                  lol. I quite like my holidays too though.

The Mini will be done.

Comment

Originally posted by keitht View Post
                    Yeah, I'm making a tear drop style. I should have it finished in time.
                    Nice, best of luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dopeshow View Post
                      lol. I quite like my holidays too though.

The Mini will be done.
                      That ain't how I read it lol , you old poofter
                      "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tb261HwQNDQ
                      SAY WHAT YOU BELEVE,,BELEVE WHAT YOU LIKE,
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk

Comment

Originally posted by ardonfast View Post
                        That ain't how I read it lol , you old poofter
                        I'm always the diplomat, the less questions that get asked means less chance the wife has got finding oit how much I have really spent on the mini

Comment

So, I have been busy with work so not a lot done on the car. I did however manage to repair the boot floor, it was a complete bitch as the repair panel was way out, just a small repair patch to do and welds dressed correctly.

Battery tray and support plate for the rear subframe this weekend and then turn her back over and get the cage fitted.

Just has a call and my subframe is being delivered next week, omg need to pull my finger out.

Comment

So managed to get the battery tray installed so that's the rear floor finished.

Also managed to install the roll cage, used ratchet straps, blocks of wood and anything else I could find to make it fit. Is it just me or does nothing just fall in as it should do?

I don't like the look of bolts so I welded it onto some 2mm support plates to give it some strength. The welds aint pretty but they are going nowhere.

Slight issue is my head catches the roll cage so I am going to have to lower my seat mouting points. Not a massive issue but a pain never the less.

I plan to install some swaged plates at various points on the cage to tie it into the shell but I will do this later as I need to get the underside painted and rear subframe installed so I get get her back onto her wheels.

I have had a change of heart as originally I was going to paint the underside Red to match the bodywork but as I am painting it Candy Apple Red I will never be able to match it correctly, so I have decided to go for a dark grey RAL 7016 and run this into the engine bay aswell. What do you guy's think will this look ok?
                            Last edited by Dopeshow; 22-10-2018, 07:15 PM.

Comment

I think it will look pretty cool, break up the colours when the engine bay is open.
                              An expert is someone who tells you why you can't do something- Alec Issigonis

Comment

I think it will look pretty cool, break up the colours when the engine bay is open.
                                That's what I was thinking, keep some red bits on the engine to match the bodywork.

Thanks Monkey.

Comment

Working...
                                X