Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking good

Comment

• Bit of progress this weekend. Finished off installing the sound deadening.

Installed the brightwork on the front end,

Got the boot lid lined up and fitted, also the back lights.

I stripped the horrible plastic tape off the front to rear loom and wrapped it in Tesa tape and got this installed and tested. I've also started tidying up the wiring behind the dash.

Comment

• I purchased some stretchable carpet from Ebay and covered the back seat and boot which tidy up the interior, i have to admit it was easy to work with.. Also got the carpet fitted that I purchased from Optimise Automotive, unreal quality!!!

My wheels finally came, purchased 13" x 6" JBW minilites with a +16mm offset. Pretty happy with how they look..

Still lots to do, but slowly getting there.
        Dopeshow
        Last edited by Dopeshow; 03-09-2021, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Looks sooooo sweet, nice job mate. 👍

Comment

• Looking very nice.

Comment

• Lovely!

Comment

• Thanks for the kind comments. More updates to come.

Comment

• Pleased how this has turned out, I chopped the original switch housing out and rewelded a plate in so I could drill round holes for the savage switches. I wrapped it in carbon fibre and finished it in Matt clear coat.

Comment

• Been making some slow progress, as the weather has turned in not in any rush to get the car on the road this year.

Got the tanks sprayed and installed in the boot.

After much debate on what style to go for I installed a rear fog light.

Finally got my arches painted, again after much debate I ended up spraying them the same colour as the roof to break up the black

Next was what to do with the dash. I purchased a second hand walnut dash that I had planned to recover in carbon or may be flock. After mocking it up I was not happy with the fitment and also because I'd moved my steering column, the centre gauge no longer lined up with the steering column. I ended up using it as a template and making my own out of MDF.

Once I was happy with the fitment which took ages, I made a cluster for my gauges and also a section it install my iPad mini. I have already purchased a Bluetooth amp so I will connect my iPad to the amp via Bluetooth for Spotify ect. I think I will end up wrapping the dash in carbon and clear coating it in Matt finish.

Dopeshow
                    Last edited by Dopeshow; 11-11-2021, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• Two questions. 1. What GPS system are you using and where from? 2. Where did you purchase the rear arches?
                      Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
                      http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
                      Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

Comment

• Originally posted by strudel View Post
                        Two questions. 1. What GPS system are you using and where from? 2. Where did you purchase the rear arches?
                        Hi, GPS is just the standard google Maps app on an Ipad mini. Arches are these https://absmotorsport.co.uk/product/...-premium-arch/

Comment

• Small update. Gauge binnacle Carbon wrapped and finished in matt clear coat.

Dopeshow
                          Last edited by Dopeshow; 06-12-2021, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Looks really good.
                            Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
                            (use Irish accent)

Comment

• Lovely job mate

Comment

• Speedo doesn't go high enough ... 😉

Comment

Working...
                                X