Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B16 Mini 25

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Getting a bit anal now. The new trigger setup had a breather on the housing which due to its new orientation was facing upwards, this gave me some concerns around moisture ingress, so I designed this little breather which redirects the vent and is also internally baffled. The final print will probably be nylon.










    Comment


    • Don't forget that Nylon is hydroscopic...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by pompeyal View Post
        Don't forget that Nylon is hydroscopic...
        It is but I think its the best of a bad lot from a material point of view, I have a few options I will consider before final print.

        Comment


        • You can laquer 3D prints for a waterproof layer. If you have acetone, simply leave ABS prints above an open container of acetone and the fumes will further melt the strands together, also forming a waterproof layer.

          I used to work in 3D printing making wind tunnel models

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Haz View Post
            You can laquer 3D prints for a waterproof layer. If you have acetone, simply leave ABS prints above an open container of acetone and the fumes will further melt the strands together, also forming a waterproof layer.

            I used to work in 3D printing making wind tunnel models
            Great idea, I haven't printed much with ABS and I never considered the smoothed layer would be waterproof. I made an acetone chamber for a friend of mine who is big into printing figurines. Thanks for the idea

            Comment


            • Last year I bought a PR3 head off a member on here with the intention of porting and fitting some nice parts before swapping it onto my engine.

              I started off by stripping it down and getting it vapor blasted to get an idea of what work was required before fitting. There were a couple of marks on the face so a skim would be required, and the valve seats had some pitting that would need machining but in general the rest looked good.

              With it stripped and cleaned I could get it ported, this is a very slow and delicate process for anybody that hasn’t done it before but should be worth it in the end.

              Once it was ported, I fitted new bronze guides and NSX spring LMA’s, the rest was built up with ITR hardware.






















              Comment

              Working...
              X