B16 Mini 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GEORDIE SP1 View Post
    I’m now on +28 ET, still 7” by 13, not been far in it yet as need to change the rubber donuts and set the bump steer
    Originally posted by GEORDIE SP1 View Post
    I have went to 4-100, Machined the hubs, bigger studs etc.
    Think the wheels were on a Renault twingo sport before, off EBay.
    Thats the ticket, Loads of options if you go 4x100. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not convinced from what I've seen around you'll find 4x4" fit for a Mini in 7x13 with an ET less than about +10. If you go 6x13 or even 5.5x13 you'll get ETs down to about +28-30 otherwise convert to 4x100 and you'll get more options
      New subframe fitting has begun - slowly

Build Thread - standard length round nose B series with Rover K series frame, will it all fit ??

Comment

• So I noob question from a noob here. So having a postive offset increases the backspacing dimention from the hub to the inner side of the rim over a negative offset?? so having a positive offset moves the rim closer to the frame??

By the looks of it I am going to be tight for space on the drivers side as my rad hose runs tight to my frame, infact its similar to your Keith, I have rack limiters fitted which is a bonus. Is there a maximum positive off set I can get away with before i start running into issues and can I stick with a 7 inch wide wheel of will i need to reduce the width on the wheel ?
        Last edited by Dopeshow; 23-09-2019, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dopeshow View Post
          So I noob question from a noob here. So having a postive offset increases the backspacing dimention from the hub to the inner side of the rim over a negative offset?? so having a positive offset moves the rim closer to the frame??

By the looks of it I am going to be tight for space on the drivers side as my rad hose runs tight to my frame, infact its similar to your Keith, I have rack limiters fitted which is a bonus. Is there a maximum positive off set I can get away with before i start running into issues and can I stick with a 7 inch wide wheel of will i need to reduce the width on the wheel ?
          Yes, A positive offset moves the wheel in towards the frame.

My rad hose runs tight to the back of the rad and the wheel diameter clears it so any offset should work until it hits the frame, Is this something you can do?

Reducing the width of the rim will help a bit but the tyre will still be a 175.

Comment

• Originally posted by keitht View Post
            Yes, A positive offset moves the wheel in towards the frame.

My rad hose runs tight to the back of the rad and the wheel diameter clears it so any offset should work until it hits the frame, Is this something you can do?

Reducing the width of the rim will help a bit but the tyre will still be a 175.
            Looking at your rad Keith, it looks like mine sits 50mm further back, I had to modify my frame to get the rad as some idiot decided to try and make it all fit under a standard front end.

Ive taken a quick measurement and I think if i modfy the bottom rad inlet and get a elbow welded direct on to the rad so the hose runs tight up against the back of the rad I might just be ok, I will refit the wheel this weekend just to be sure.

Comment

Looking at your rad Keith, it looks like mine sits 50mm further back, I had to modify my frame to get the rad as some idiot decided to try and make it all fit under a standard front end.

Ive taken a quick measurement and I think if i modfy the bottom rad inlet and get a elbow welded direct on to the rad so the hose runs tight up against the back of the rad I might just be ok, I will refit the wheel this weekend just to be sure.
              I welded the elbow directly to the rad as well, Let me know if you need any measurements or anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oz View Post
                Yeah, I'm not convinced from what I've seen around you'll find 4x4" fit for a Mini in 7x13 with an ET less than about +10. If you go 6x13 or even 5.5x13 you'll get ETs down to about +28-30 otherwise convert to 4x100 and you'll get more options
                Been searching for over a day and I think i've found a solution for myself. Not my first choice of wheel but its ok, i used to run a mini over 20 years ago on 12" of this style and it looked good back in the day.

So Revolution wheels do a 13" x 7" 4 spoke design drilled to standard mini PCD and a offer a custom offset range from 0-30ET. These are only available in their race style which is a high magnesium f LM25 (A356.2) aluminium alloy, so on the plus side they are light and sttong but on the negative they are not cheap at around £170 a wheel, they also do the 5 spoke RFX design but this is only available in a 6" wide and only available up to 20ET.

Revolutions factory is only 20minutes from where i live, i've already spoken to them and they have asked me to go down to see them with any questions I might have, so if anyone want to know anything let me know and I will ask when I go down in the next couple of weeks.

Keith really sorry to highjack your build diary.

Comment

Been searching for over a day and I think i've found a solution for myself. Not my first choice of wheel but its ok, i used to run a mini over 20 years ago on 12" of this style and it looked good back in the day.

So Revolution wheels do a 13" x 7" 4 spoke design drilled to standard mini PCD and a offer a custom offset range from 0-30ET. These are only available in their race style which is a high magnesium f LM25 (A356.2) aluminium alloy, so on the plus side they are light and sttong but on the negative they are not cheap at around £170 a wheel, they also do the 5 spoke RFX design but this is only available in a 6" wide and only available up to 20ET.

Revolutions factory is only 20minutes from where i live, i've already spoken to them and they have asked me to go down to see them with any questions I might have, so if anyone want to know anything let me know and I will ask when I go down in the next couple of weeks.

Keith really sorry to highjack your build diary.
                  Good info, Alternatively split rims are an option available in any offset but expensive.

See below for reference this is at full lock and with subframe mods to move the rad back, Castor is at 4.5 degrees.

Comment

• How's speeduino going Keith? I'm getting a blip of noise on my triiger signal when my wipers park, just curious if it's just me. Got rid of it by turning on the medium filter but would rather not have to.
                    http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19251

Not your typical heated leather seated track day car but it does have heated leather!

Comment

• Originally posted by mikko View Post
                      How's speeduino going Keith? I'm getting a blip of noise on my triiger signal when my wipers park, just curious if it's just me. Got rid of it by turning on the medium filter but would rather not have to.
                      It's going well, I have it out at the minute though working on my own board design and new loom along with a solid state control system.

I haven't experienced this problem but I'd say its a back EMF from the inductive load of the motor. Are you using Hall or VR sensor and is the wire shielded. You might have to run with the filter on as it will be difficult to snub the voltage spike and maintain sensor resolution, Worst case a small circuit could be added to condition the signal.

Comment

• I'm using a Hall sensor, couldn't get consistent vr. Don't have any shielding, I thought Hall was less affected by noise. I'll see how I get on with the filter, that's what it's there for after all. In other news got my 0.5" clutch master to feel factory, I had to adjust it to take some throw out of it as it still pushes too much fluid at full extension. What are you running?
                        http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19251

Not your typical heated leather seated track day car but it does have heated leather!

Comment

• Originally posted by mikko View Post
                          I'm using a Hall sensor, couldn't get consistent vr. Don't have any shielding, I thought Hall was less affected by noise. I'll see how I get on with the filter, that's what it's there for after all. In other news got my 0.5" clutch master to feel factory, I had to adjust it to take some throw out of it as it still pushes too much fluid at full extension. What are you running?
                          Hall is a better option from a noise point of view but I would still shield with a twisted pair although I don't think this is your problem. I'm on VR with 24-1 but have done some hall testing. It should be fine with the filter on, keep an eye at higher RPM's.

I've heard of many with this problem but mine is fine with Honda master and slave, Maybe I'm just use to it I know nothing else.

Comment

• With the car home and in its own little garage I could work on it in the evenings, It took about 2 weeks to get it driving again and its first event was my local Cars and Coffee. There is still a lot of work to be done to it especially on the interior and wiring but its driving. This is my Dad and some of my Family at the Event.

Comment

• What a cracker. Love the steering wheel and the wiring off it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Underhauled View Post
                                What a cracker. Love the steering wheel and the wiring off it.
                                Thanks very much, This was the first version of the system it has since been upgraded to V2. Lots more to come.

I believe the package arrived but I haven't been home since.

Comment

Working...
                                X